Spouse Migration

I went to a mail order bride company that also did marriages and visas. I have been with my wife for a year and a half and did not use them for an introduction. They said that they had a 100% sucess rate and so I thought that I would go with them as I do not want to be spending 19500 on getting a 2 year settlement visa and be rejected. I ended up paying 12000bt (she asked for 16000bt) to the girl and kinda regret doing it now. My relationship is totally genuine and this company haven't really done anything that I couldn't do myself. My wife is now pregnant and I need these people even less now that is the case. Basically I wanted the whole thing garenteed and fast. Once we applied the embassy gave us a date nearly three months later!!! What a waste of 12,000bt!!

If you need piece of mind (like I did) then by all means pay the money and they will walk you through each step and make sure you have all the docs you are required and advise you on certain things for the interview (nothing you can't get off this board or others). To tell you the truth once we'd give the girl the money she really didn't seem to care too much and seems to have done the bare minimun. I'm hoping it's because we have a really strong case and she doesn't feel she needs to do much.

Personally I'd say do it all your self if you have a strong case - go to these people if you have a weak relationship with your persptive bride or are generally lazy or need piece of mind that you have everything in order and correct.

Good luck with your application. My interview is on the 31st August and I will be livid if it is rejected!!

A search onYahoo will reveal all the marriage visa people but the one I used is found at:

http://www.thaino1.co.uk/thailand_living/u...8725409029.6349

Whatever,

I've just clicked on the link you provided and half of the basic advice the website gives is incorrect. As you say, if you have a strong enough case there is no need to go to an agency. If you feel compelled to use such services ask to see some recommendations from previous clients before parting with your cash. There are a lot of cowboys out there.

Scouse.

As I have said many times before, if you are dealing with the Oz embassy, download the booklet called "Partner Migration" from this site it has all the information you need and is free off the net.

Don't use an agent as they can't guarantee a thing, unless these people will take payment on successfully gaining the visa, then don't deal with them and none are gonna do that.

You don't state your nationality. However, the Australian Embassy in Bangkok specifically has signs in the visa section advising not to use visa agencies. If you follow the paperwork process and your relationship meets the criteria you will be fine as I can personally attest to.