Changing Bad Stars

Pink Mist

My caring relatives were looking into my and Wife's Stars for the future, hers were OK but mine were bad, something along the lines of getting throat cut (go figure that)

Any way the upshot was we had to go to this Wat about 20k out of KhonKaen on the way to Kalasin to change my luck.

The whole thing took about 2 hours,

It started with incence into a container then I was stringed around the head and joined to wife.

Drank a glass of water out of a container that the monk had been chanting over while dripping candle wax into and then dropped candle in (there were actually 2 containers, one for me and one for Strife I think).

Then outside and change into a wrap around sarong and the monk then poured heaps of water over me, chanting all the time.

Next step was back inside to put gold leaf on the different Buddha figurines, one leaf for every year of my age.

That's the basic gist of the procedure.

Made the Strife and rellies happy but I wish they would stop looking at my stars and stuff.

Does this procedure sound familiar to anyone?

YOu gonna get some strange comments for scientist all around the world Bronco , if you decided to switch stars around :D

I think it's based on Chaos theorie "if a butterfly flaps it's wings on the other side of the earth a storm starts".

Probably that's why i woke up with a headache this morning and couldn't find my access badge to the company :o

I really would like a serious reply from Sabaijai, it's a ritual or ceremony I experienced and really want to know if it's connected to mainstream Buddahism or not. My wife and her family are very superstitious so I just normally go with with the flow