Thai Consumer Confidence At Near Five-year Low

inflation is rearing its ugly head on everything from food stuffs, commodities, transportation to bloated stock prices......and the upcoming "democratic" elections are making things very interesting.......

Thai consumer confidence at near five-year low

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/20...afx4209482.html

The biggest problem for ordinary people here, and possibly from that the economy, seems at first glance to be personal debt. When shop assistants jump for the calculator to add 20 to 290, as happened to me yesterday, it's not surprising so many are willing to indebt themselves at 28% interest (GE Money is one of these userers, with another front name of course.....that's their rate).

I would like to see the true figures to see if there is any veracity to what I say. I remember a long time ago on this forum a link to figures like personal debt. Can anyone point us to a link giving real data? It may well be an illusion. I hear griping about another lean season of tourists but the airline data say they were up quite a bit.

Edited by sleepyjohn

inflation is rearing its ugly head on everything from food stuffs, commodities, transportation to bloated stock prices......and the upcoming "democratic" elections are making things very interesting.......

Thai consumer confidence at near five-year low

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/20...afx4209482.html

When shop assistants jump for the calculator to add 20 to 290, as happened to me yesterday, it's not surprising so many are willing to indebt themselves at 28% interest (GE Money is one of these userers, with another front name of course.....that's their rate).

Amazing isn't it, I've seen calculators used to deduct 100 from 1000 and these are ppl who own the shops and have been there for years.