Thailand's King Taken To Hospital

george

Thailand needs their king at this important time of political strife and rebuilding. Let's all hope and pray for his recovery. He has been a beacon of kindness and virtue for 60 years and has been a brilliant and steadfast example of a noble and good monarch. If more world leaders (and Thai leaders) could appreciate and emulate his leadership, the world would be much safer and more peaceful.

My prayers are for the king, his family, and the Thai people.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Long Live Thailand, Long Live the King.

I said those words 25 years ago in North Carolina to the Queen. They still ring just as true today. They are both wonderful people and what they have done for the Thai People is goodness without bounds. I am an American but love Thailand and the King like they were my own. My wishes and prayers are for a speedy recovery and return to full health. He is needed to provide his wise counsel and guidance to the Thai Government and Thai People.

Long Live Thailand, and Long Live the King.

Update:

Thai monarch recovering from blood clot

BANGKOK: -- Hospitalised Saturday for treatment of cerebral ischemia, Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej underwent about eight hours of surgery and related treatment for a blood clot which obstructed the flow of blood to his brain.

King Bhumibol, approaching his 80th birthday on December 5th, was taken to Siriraj Hospital about 9am Saturday, according to a statement from the Royal Household Bureau.

Cerebral ischemia means that the brain or parts of the brain do not receive sufficient blood to maintain normal thinking and bodily functions and can result from various diseases and obstruction of arteries such as by the blood clot removed from the monarch's leg.

Some eight hours of treatment alleviated the weakness in the right leg, according to the statement.

Born in the city of Boston, Massachusetts, in 1937, the monarch has occupied the Thai throne for more than 60 years, and is the world's longest reigning king.

His Majesty is greatly revered in Thailand and his health is a subject of great national concern.

Earlier surgery in the past little more than one year for lumbar spinal stenosis and a rib fracture leaves the Thai public worried for his well-being.

The team of royal physicians means that the monarch is receiving the best state-of-the-art medical attention that Thailand can offer, together with hopes and prayers of a loving and grateful citizenry.

--TNA 2007-10-13

Please note

This thread is for wishing His Majesty a speedy recovery ONLY. Any and all other discussion, including discussion of treatment or prognoses etc. will be removed and there is a strong likelihood that action will be taken against offending members.

Keep your posts short and to the point.

Thank you.

My prayers are with His Majesty.

I shudder to think of Thailand without his presence.

My thoughts and prayers exactly.

I really hope everything turns out OK....gonna have to wake my Wife now..She will want to know about this, She loves the King more than me.....and I can understand that.

He IS Thailand

Please Remember

This thread is for wishing His Majesty a speedy recovery ONLY.

Any and all other discussion, including discussion of treatment or prognoses etc. Will be removed and there is a strong likelihood that action will be taken against offending members.

Please keep your posts short and to the point.

Thank you.