Competition Rises For Condos On Electric Rail

Competition rises for condos on electric rail

BANGKOK: -- The 17th House and Condo Fair ended Sunday with a flurry of success as some 70,000-80,000 members of the public visited the event with many showing interest in buying commercial buildings and condominiums located along routes where electric mass transit rail projects are to be implemented.

Issara Boonyoung, chairman of the organising committee of the event, said it is expected a purchasing amount in the fair would reach around Bt3 billion, equal to that of the previous year.

About half the visitors had paid great attention to commercial buildings and condominiums since most projects are located along routes where the electric mass transit projects will be implemented and there is convenient access.

He said although the public's purchasing power has fallen due to the economic slowdown and higher cost of living, many factors -- including the political situation and the electric train construction scheme began to become clear.

These factors coupled with the low interest rate had encouraged people to decide on home purchases. He suggested the government restructure property taxes as a whole if it wanted to see the property sector recover and help stimulate the economy.

Currently, he said, property developers had carried very high burdens of taxes and various fees. In addition, developers wanted government to extend the reduction of the special business tax and the mortgage rate fee to 0.01 per cent for another year since the relaxation is due to end this year, he said.

--TNA 2007-10-15

many factors -- including the political situation and the electric train construction scheme began to become clear.

another factors, not mentioned here, is that the town centre is hugely overpriced, gridlocked with the constant traffic jams, polluted and noisy - with luck of green areas, sports and play facilities.

people want to live somewhere decent.

as to thai politics - it's sick to the bone and the coming years might be even more murky than this and last year, with factions within the ruling class trying to get the full control over the state apparatus

Competition rises for condos on electric rail

BANGKOK: -- The 17th House and Condo Fair ended Sunday with a flurry of success as some 70,000-80,000 members of the public visited the event with many showing interest in buying commercial buildings and condominiums located along routes where electric mass transit rail projects are to be implemented.

Issara Boonyoung, chairman of the organising committee of the event, said it is expected a purchasing amount in the fair would reach around Bt3 billion, equal to that of the previous year.

About half the visitors had paid great attention to commercial buildings and condominiums since most projects are located along routes where the electric mass transit projects will be implemented and there is convenient access.

He said although the public's purchasing power has fallen due to the economic slowdown and higher cost of living, many factors -- including the political situation and the electric train construction scheme began to become clear.

These factors coupled with the low interest rate had encouraged people to decide on home purchases. He suggested the government restructure property taxes as a whole if it wanted to see the property sector recover and help stimulate the economy.

Currently, he said, property developers had carried very high burdens of taxes and various fees. In addition, developers wanted government to extend the reduction of the special business tax and the mortgage rate fee to 0.01 per cent for another year since the relaxation is due to end this year, he said.

--TNA 2007-10-15

By electric rail, do you mean the BTS Skytrain?

BTS and MRT probably.

From the Phaya Thai skytrain station you can get a good view of the work being carried along the existing railway line going into Makkasan Railway station. Concrete columns now going up. I believe this is the SRT line but I don't know more than that.

Anybody know more?

Makksan? That sounds like the express transit link to the new airport.

Hi quicksilva - I still don't really know where the Makksan airport express station will be I have heard Phetchaburi (station) but I had hoped Makksan Railway station. Do you know?

Edited by pkrv

Sure I look over it every day. The main station is located just North of the Petchburi - Asoke intersection. Its difficult to miss from the expressway, its absolutely massive. I would guess that it must be getting on for 30-40,000 sq.m. So presumably they will have a check in facility and duty free there.

Sure I look over it every day. The main station is located just North of the Petchburi - Asoke intersection. Its difficult to miss from the expressway, its absolutely massive. I would guess that it must be getting on for 30-40,000 sq.m. So presumably they will have a check in facility and duty free there.

Sorry quiksilva I struggle a little with the maps I have. For example I see Chit Lom station, Chid Lom road and Central Chidlom.

I'm not very good at handling things with exact precision so am stuggling. I note you use the word Petchburi and I can see a Petchburi road (as opposed to Phetchaburi station) but no Asoke (road) intersection. I can see the express way on the map. Could you rephrase in terms of nearest stations (Rail, MRT and Sky train or other landmark) - sorry for being so dense.

The closest MRT station is Petchburi station.

This station is basically at the intersection of Petchburi Road (which runs East-West, parallel with Sukhumvit Road but just to the North) and Asoke Road (Asoke BTS / Sukhumvit MRT station), which runs North from Sukhumvit Road (Soi 21) to Petchburi and then on to Rama IX.

This new facility is half way along Asoke between Petchburi and Rama IX, on your left hand side if heading North from Sukhumvit.

The closest MRT station is Petchburi station.

This station is basically at the intersection of Petchburi Road (which runs East-West, parallel with Sukhumvit Road but just to the North) and Asoke Road (Asoke BTS / Sukhumvit MRT station), which runs North from Sukhumvit Road (Soi 21) to Petchburi and then on to Rama IX.

This new facility is half way along Asoke between Petchburi and Rama IX, on your left hand side if heading North from Sukhumvit.

thanks as always - PKRV

BTS and MRT probably.

From the Phaya Thai skytrain station you can get a good view of the work being carried along the existing railway line going into Makkasan Railway station. Concrete columns now going up. I believe this is the SRT line but I don't know more than that.

Anybody know more?

I am still uncertain about the line going up that you can see from Phaya Thai BTS station. It is going to be elevated judging by the pillars going up and crosses the BST line right through the middle of the skytrain station, so maybe they will have to go over it?

Anyway this line is going west from Makkasan towards the river and not the airport.