Visa Re-entry Run To Cambodia Border

alykev8892

Has anyone here used Sea-Air-Land Agency's service to the Cambodia border for a visa re-entry run? Their ad shows 2000/2500 baht for a bus/minibus respectively. Are there any other charges to be aware of and is this agency reliable? Mr. Boon offers a similar servcie but I will stay away from him after seeing the bad press in here regarding that agency. I have to exit the border on Sunday, 15th, and thought a 30-day stamp may be in order this time rather than having to stay 2 nights in Vientiane for the usual tourist visa. Thanks for any input!!!!!!!!!!!

Sea-Air-Land OK.

Sunday is only the big bus, if I remember right. That means a longer trip, as so mony have to clear the formalities. Mini-busses are quicker.

Luxury Visa (Soi Buakhao / Third Road) are a quicker service, but I don't think they run on Sundays.

Visa Shop also OK.

Remeber that you give up a whole day for this trip - starting about six in the morning to get to the pick-up point, returning about seven at night. So be prepared with a book or something.

Food and comfort stops are arranged.

I/d second Luxury Visa Runs............check if they run on Sundays, i/m not sure. You could always go Friday and lose a couple of days......depends on your situation. You can book at The Lobby in Soi Buakhao or the office on the third road heading towards south pattaya road.

• 2 weeks later...

My thanks for every body's input to my question! I decided to go with SAL and get a 30-day stamp at the Poipet border crossing last Sunday. We left Beach Road at Soi Post Office at 7:10 am and returned about 5:30 pm. No real complaints about the service at all. The assistants did every single thing for us ... getting the Cambodia visa, stamping out of Thailand, stamping into Cambodia and out again .... we only had to do our individual thing at the Thai Immigration windows coming back into Thailand. Now that is some real hand-holding!

But I have to say that the entire border crossing area seemed kind of chaotic with so many trucks and carts moving back and forth, and beggars everywhere. It was a far cry from the orderly, clean Immigration Checkpoint at the Mekong River in Nong Khai .... but a good experience nonetheless. Bottom line, if I go to Poipet for another 30-day, will use SAL Tours again.

Good for you, glad you had no hassles (apart from the beggar children).

Have you considered getting a longer visa and avoiding all these border runs?

There have been stories about people being questioned about their means of subsistence after a few 30-day tourist visas - in other words the immigration people get suspicious that you may be working illegally in LOS.

So a long-term visa of some sort may be a better choice.

Actually, I did this 30-day permit thing because I was kind of burned out from going again to Vientiane ... been doing that for 3 years now. I always applied for tourist visas everytime I went there and even got a double entry one recently. But there were 2 times when I was actually given a non-immigrant visa! I do not understand that at all because I specified a tourist visa knowing I cannot qualify for the NI visa since I am not married to my Thai girl friend and my affidavit from the US Embassy showed my income is not enough for the "retirement" option. Anyway .... since it called for me to stay 2 nights in Vientiane, the 15th being a Sunday, I just decided to give the SAL 30-day run a try. Will probably go back to Vientiane again on Sep. 13th and do my usual tourist visa run again.

I've used Mr. Boon at least 5 times and, although you have to keep calling in at least once a day, you get there eventually :D To be fair, their visa service was spot on for the Aranyaprathet/ Poi pet run, it was the tickets to Australia that took a lot longer than they said, but, got them in the end. I will use them again. What was the bad press anyway? I missed that one.

Edit: Ok, just found out what the fuss is about and, ermmmm..... I guess he was on a lucky streak when I used him. :o Might try somewhere else next time after all. I'm allergic to being hit with bike chains, tend to come out in bruises :D