Bank Of Scotland (hbos)

Bank of Scotland International,(or HBOS),is offering 6.35% on a 3 year fixed deposit,and more on 1 year and 6 month deposits.

How are they to deal with???

Anyone had any experience with them?

Any feedback,much appreciated.

I've had a one year with HBOS International (IOM) and they were fine. I've just renewed and opened a two year at 6.35%, no problems. They put you through a few hoops at first to confirm your identity, as do all banks but thereafter it's all very straight forward. Can't find anything negative about their operation and pretty much what you would expect from large bank.

Bank of Scotland International,(or HBOS),is offering 6.35% on a 3 year fixed deposit,and more on 1 year and 6 month deposits.

Have you looked at A&L International (IofM) I have instant access internet account with them paying more than that.

I have a UK acct with them and always found them very helpful.

Internet banking is pretty good.

I have been using them for a number of years and have found that the Instant Access account has always offered a good rate with instant access.

However as far as I know you cannot make International transfers by Internet, only by telephone and you have to supply all the details each time. They used to do 'repeat' transfers but stopped this because of too many errors. The UK 3-day BACS transfers are free.

Likewise the Fixed rate accounts used to roll-over to a 6 month account if you did not get in touch with them before expiry of the fixed term. Now you have to write or phone them with instructions on what to do with the account otherwise.... (more money for the banks!)

Once you have jumped the hoops to get an account you should be able to open further accounts by phone (or Internet?).

If you are opening an account from Thailand I think I remember a thread saying that some banks (BOS?) will not open new accounts for residents in Thailand.

Best check it out.

Thanks to all for your helpful advice :D:D

I have done the identity confirmation,which was especially difficult living here in Japan,as I had to get all documents translated and then notorized by the embassy in Tokyo.

After this has gone through,they said any other accounts can be opened by phone.

Once again thanks for everyone's helpful advice. :o

Have you looked at A&L International (IofM) I have instant access internet account with them paying more than that.

My advice is to be careful with A & L Int. They have made an ex gratia payment to me once this year because of their sloppy attitude towards customer service and administration and I have a second issue currently with the IOM Ombudsman which relates to unethical practice. The first payment came to me because they failed/refused to give me any details for five months of an account I opened with them and transfered 100k into - I had to hire a UK Solicitor to get their attention. Thinking that everything was finally settled I then found out that the rate they applied to the account is very different to the one that I agreed with them on the phone and I can't get them to review their voice recording tapes to verify this. My advixe to anyone opening an account such as this is to make a note of the date and time of the converstaion for future reference.

N/W does a 6.7% on a one year E Bond.and as we all know is the only outfit that dosnt load on ATMs...

Just done a £ transfer to Samut Prac. (deposit on some land) and took me 2 minutes....wifes niece on the other end ...outside the K -Bank... :o