Honest Motorbike Mechanic

MisterMan

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good mechanic. I dont mind it from time to time when I get charged a farang price but I would like to find a good honest mechanic who is quick and charges fairly and gives the same price.

Someone who is farang friendly.

Would be great if they had loner bikes too.

My last mechanic was ok but he would tell me to come back and then he would not have the part. And there are many mechanics who just want to gouge the foreigners.

Thanks.

If you can drive over to Chalong circle, then head on the Cho Fa west about 200m hes fair and does big bike work..

Also in Karon, I hear OK things about the guy whose just towards the beach from the Temple (opposite Red onion)..

This is I presume for a real bike not a scooter etc.. Otherwise the local bike boys can handle the small stuff, use the same one and show you know what your talking about and usually they are fine, I have a young guy take care of our scooters and he really does charge pennies for work done..

Chalong,

Head towards the pier ,turn right into the plaza , at the end theres an englishman that does work on big bikes , honest and reliable .

His name is Dave and he owns V twin bikes.

Put some buisiness his way if you can hes a great guy.

The motorbike guys next to the Chalong gym have always been good and fair to me. They also do tax/ insurance renewal for a reasonable fee.

I've seen loner bikes in a small tin shack that is opposite the KL supermarket/ pharmacy/ chicken rice place near the Chalong circle (road heading towards Kata). Each time I ask he says they are not for sale (bike friend). I think the owner's name is Lek.

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good mechanic. I dont mind it from time to time when I get charged a farang price but I would like to find a good honest mechanic who is quick and charges fairly and gives the same price.

Someone who is farang friendly.

Would be great if they had loner bikes too.

My last mechanic was ok but he would tell me to come back and then he would not have the part. And there are many mechanics who just want to gouge the foreigners.

Thanks.

Hi

I know a good motorbike mechanic in Kata. It is on Patak Road, next to the entrance to Bourganvillea and opposite the bike shop. His name is Chewy and I have been going here since I have lived in Phuket, 3 years. He is honest and fast and will loan you a bike if he has the spare hanging around or give you a lift home! Also I know he charges falang the same as Thai's. oh, and he has m/bikes to rent...

I lived here fore more than 16 years now,

fore fore years ago i was recommanded a shop on Chau Faa rood the road from Chalong to Phuket town Sout one.

app 3 k. from the Chalong cirkel after the tempel and Land and House there is a sign " Chalong Gym " next to a small mini markt and a german boat restaurant.

This shop is good, never overcharge and made good jobs for fore years now.

Bo