Thai Partners

Neeranam

I know a few guys who have been here a long time and trade in their girlfriend every 2-3 years. I know a few guys who have been married over 20 years and a couple over 30 years.

Mrs.Neeranam and myself have been married 6 years(today) and I've never thought of trading her in. 6 years and two kids later, everthing is great, and getting better everyday.

How long have you been with your Thai partner?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being married to only one person?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happy anniversary mr. and mrs. neeranam.

always good to hear about stable relationships , they are a rarity these days.

mrs tax. has put up with me for 15 years now , and i have put up with her for 15 years , and neither of us would change it for the world.

hard work sometimes , but always worth it in the end.

there are times when i would like a month off to relive my wild years , but i would lose so much and suffer endless pangs of regret that it just wouldnt be worth it.

i am very happy with my situation.

I know a few guys who have been here a long time and trade in their girlfriend every 2-3 years. I know a few guys who have been married over 20 years and a couple over 30 years.

Mrs.Neeranam and myself have been married 6 years(today) and I've never thought of trading her in. 6 years and two kids later, everthing is great, and getting better everyday.

Happy Anniversary Neeranam. Been with the wife about 4 years. Last week on the 15th was my 2 year anniversary of our wedding. Heres to 

many more years of happiness.  :o:D

Happy Anniversary Neeranam :o

I've been married 18 years. Benefits? Well, I know what to expect, for one thing. And disadvantages? Well, again, I know what to expect :D

All kidding aside, every person is different and some people are happy monogamous and some aren't. To each their own, and if it makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone then good luck to you. :D

Married 1995, Lived in Thailand for the duration. With two little Nibor's, growing old gracefully has had to be put "on hold". As to marital bliss, about par for the course apparently. This being my first and only marriage I'm lacking a benchmark, but going on this forum we seem to be doing fairly well! As for dull moments I think I'm getting Lazeboys share, however due to manic PMT (the wife's) things do get pretty lively pretty regularly! It would help if the "Rules of life" had the small print enlarged so us oldies would know what to expect.

Well done Mate, and Happy Anniversary . They say the first 7 years is the hardest :D !

Me and Mrs YangYai tied the knot 20 years ago. With 5 kids (2 ours, 3 adopted) , not much time for extra-curricula activities(nudge, nudge, say no more Squire!) :o . Really looking forward to the next 20 years! We're in it for the LONG haul folks!

Cheers.

Been married for 4 years & together for 7 so I suppose we are newbies really. I am a firm beleiver in if you can't or don't want to be monogomous then you should stay single, so no plans to trade him in for a younger/richer/better looking model. Besides had his baby this year so I kind of need him around for middles of the night wake upes & shitty nappy changing :o As for him, dunno but he would be hard pressed to find someone to put up with him for sure :D but seriously, like taxexile, knows what he would lose & how much regret he would taste :D

Happy to know everyboby here having a good relationship and love life..I am hanging with a guy who divorced and don't want to have any long-term relationship again. We are good friend but woman is woman.. We dream of wedding and being a mother..and I feel so depressed with my situation..Maybe I should give up.. :o ..

Happy to know everyboby here having a good relationship and love life..I am hanging with a guy who divorced and don't want to have any long-term relationship again. We are good friend but woman is woman.. We dream of wedding and being a mother..and I feel so depressed with my situation..Maybe I should give up.. :o ..

Don't worry, there are plenty of suckers out there who sleep with a woman one time and are ready to get married the next day. Thailand is like a magnet for them! :D

Happy to know everyboby here having a good relationship and love life..I am hanging with a guy who divorced and don't want to have any long-term relationship again. We are good friend but woman is woman.. We dream of wedding and being a mother..and I feel so depressed with my situation..Maybe I should give up..

Hmmm ... Not all relationships are destined to last.

2 Thai women for me in the last year. Not at the same time though, never believed in that. Last one lasted 9 months. If I found a compatible partner I would be happy enough to stay with them long term. Sometimes we are lucky and find a good partner but it can take time and some trial and error both in and out of Thailand.

1 * 20+ years marriage preceded by a 2 year marriage has not put me off. It takes two to fight and two to make up.

So maybe a little patience?

It took me 30 years of being married to my first wife to learn how to be a good husband. It then took me another 10 years of living the playboy lifestyle to it's utmost and having a girlfriend in every port to find the beautiful girl of my dreams. Two years ago I married that special girl (who just happened to be Thai) and am now living the happiest and best years of my life. Cheers to all of you that also have been lucky enough to find the great love of your life. :o

edited for spelling

Edited by jetjock

:o Came to Thailand originally in 1977. Two or three girlfriends in the first two years. Met the right one in 1979. Never married, but have been with this Thai woman since 1980. We're both near 60 now, so I guess I'll have to keep her. Intend to retire to BKK next year.

She's the best thing that ever happened to me.

:D