What's Your Favorite One-dish Meal?

sbk

The little place in town sells kao khao moo, kao mun gai, kao moo daeng, kao moo glop, and that yellow rice dish, forgot the name (sad :o)

I do like the yellow rice dish but it can be kinda greasy depending on the cook. I love kao mun gai and occasionally partake of the pork leg rice (kao khao moo) but the fat scares me off.

Which one is your favorite?

The little place in town sells kao khao moo, kao mun gai, kao moo daeng, kao moo glop, and that yellow rice dish, forgot the name (sad :o )

I do like the yellow rice dish but it can be kinda greasy depending on the cook. I love kao mun gai and occasionally partake of the pork leg rice (kao khao moo) but the fat scares me off.

Without a doubt.........Pad Thai

I used to love pad thai but I havent eaten it in months now, mainly because its normally too greasy unless you know a good vendor. Normally I go for khao muu daeng or if I fancy noodles I will get ba mee naam.

Edited by madjbs

The little place in town sells kao khao moo, kao mun gai, kao moo daeng, kao moo glop, and that yellow rice dish, forgot the name (sad :o )

For me, the following :

Breakfast - Jok(sai khai doo-way WITH croutons added for crunchiness) :D

Hard to choose, but it would have to be pad krapow gai phet phet gap khao.

Gosh!! Pad Krapow Gai (not so phet phet) is my desperate lunch dish when I don't know what to eat. :o Love it though. One of the oldie but goodie.

For you pad krapow gai lovers, is the chicken typically a mix of white and brown meat? Minced? Skinless? I like meat, but I like it lean. Not sure if they throw in meat parts I do not care for, so I always stick with pad krapow kung. Yum, yum.

My first meal when I fly into BKK in less than two weeks - dtom yam kung for lunch. Aaaah, I can't wait! Then pad krapow kung, pad kii mao kung, som tam, khao niaw mamuang, .....

By the way, anyone know where I can get authentic northern region curry in BKK? Especially hanglay?

For you pad krapow gai lovers, is the chicken typically a mix of white and brown meat? Minced? Skinless? I like meat, but I like it lean. Not sure if they throw in meat parts I do not care for, so I always stick with pad krapow kung. Yum, yum.

My first meal when I fly into BKK in less than two weeks - dtom yam kung for lunch. Aaaah, I can't wait! Then pad krapow kung, pad kii mao kung, som tam, khao niaw mamuang, .....

By the way, anyone know where I can get authentic northern region curry in BKK? Especially hanglay?

moo tod and sticky rice .

You are Mr. Kung!! :o I have no ideas where to get Hanglay curry in BKK. Hard to find the good northern good in the city. Hmmm. Fresh market might have it but which fresh market to go though?

Som tam, or any of its fruity variants, is the healthiest, 'cos it's raw (except for the peanuts). I tell 'em to use pla rah instead of nam pla as fully fermented is healthier.

Yellow (biryani) rice is called khao mok but, as with all rice, it will skew your omega 3 to 6 fat ratio terribly (in favour of 6).