Korea

I am considering going to work in Korea. If I do can my Thai GF and our child come with me. Do they just qualify for a VOA.

If you have the E-7 (work visa) it should be no problem getting you GF and kid a visa also provided you can prove that you're the father (and she's the mother).

The Koreans are quite good with visas for family but a supporting letter from the company may help also, especially if you want to ake them with you on your first trip there.

I am considering going to work in Korea. If I do can my Thai GF and our child come with me. Do they just qualify for a VOA.

Thai citizens are granted 90 day stay exemption on enrty so there is no problem getting them into Korea. Once in the counrty a change in status ifor dependants is easy for most occupations other than teachers.

Thai citizens are granted 90 day stay exemption on enrty so there is no problem getting them into Korea. Once in the counrty a change in status ifor dependants is easy for most occupations other than teachers.

Hmmm. Unfortunately I will possibly be teaching. So does that mean my GF and child can go say Japan for the weekend and come back in on another 90 day visa.

Hi

GF can come to Korea on a 90 day visa, but your son (include birth certificate, translate to English or Korean) can get a f-3 visa. He will be able to stay as long as your visa is good.

If she applys to a university for a language couse, then she could get a student visa.

Mike

Edited by mike123ca

This is a Korean.. who work in Bangkok...

i think, To enter the Korea for Thai people is not too easy..

Even someone who wanna travel only,, they could be rejected...

But, it's a little bit special case.. because she has a foreign husband..

i wanna ask sth.. Did u get a job in Korea already...??

if so,, surely it's not too difficult.. But, if not yet,, ?????????

Nowadays, many Thai people wanna go to Korea for working or studying...

Some of them don't get the Visa, but still stay without Visa now..

As someone told already,,, if she gets the Student Visa, it must be easy for the first time..

Good Luck...