Server Not Found

Mai Krap

I just got a new TTnT 1 Meg line installed and it is behaving badly as expected.

Heres the deal, Big files are downloading at expected speeds but half or more of the websites I try to connect to give me a Server Not Found message in both IE and Firefox. For one hour I tried to connect to Thai Visa as I had been surfing earlier then all of a sudden it connected. The weird thing is Google, Yahoo, and Wikipedia along with Nationmultimedia work fine but most of the sites I'm trying to view are hosted overseas.

I tried a couple simple things but to no avail, any ideas would be great.

Sounds like a dns problem. Might try http://www.opendns.com/ and see if it works better using theirs.

Things are getting really weird now, 24 hours later Im getting no torrents but all access to the net. I tried the recommendations on DNS but cant say its helping or hurting, seems about the same. I think is some kind of traffic shaping or router issue, seems I can either download or surf but I have no control over switching back and forth. I messed with my router settings and it gave me maximum down speed for about two minutes then it was like it restored itself back to slow. I'm at a loss for now??????????