Septic Tank Bacteria Activator

awayfoe

since many years i buy bacteria activator for septic tank in foodland ! but since a few time they not sell it anymore !

somebody have an other adress to buy ??

thank's

Edited by Jai Dee
spelling corrected in post and topic title for clarity

They sell them in Friendship. About 2nd-3rd aisle near the mozzie stuff at the Fridge end of the row.

If you want it emtpied, ring CITY HALL and get the big ORANGE truck out to do it at 300 Baht a tank (I have 2). City Hall logo on the drivers door.

BE WARNED that there is a BLUE one going arround claiming to be sent round by City Hall then while quoting - say - 10 Baht an inch, but end up giving you a bill for 4,000 Baht !! They tried it on me and I almost got caught as I had asked my House Agent to clean the tank, and they tried just at the right time. There was a warning sign in our village.

A friend of mine got caught and paid the 4,000 Baht. Fresh out from the UK, did not know he was being overcharged !

They sell them in Friendship. About 2nd-3rd aisle near the mozzie stuff at the Fridge end of the row.

If you want it emtpied, ring CITY HALL and get the big ORANGE truck out to do it at 300 Baht a tank (I have 2). City Hall logo on the drivers door.

BE WARNED that there is a BLUE one going arround claiming to be sent round by City Hall then while quoting - say - 10 Baht an inch, but end up giving you a bill for 4,000 Baht !! They tried it on me and I almost got caught as I had asked my House Agent to clean the tank, and they tried just at the right time. There was a warning sign in our village.

A friend of mine got caught and paid the 4,000 Baht. Fresh out from the UK, did not know he was being overcharged !

thank you for good info Graham

[

awayfoe,

Please tell me whether you get good result by using it.

when you add bacteria activator you have no odor or bad smelling in your hause if the septic tank is very closed from your hause !

in my case the septic tank is only 4 meter from bathroom !

and anyway the cost is only a few bath every month !!! around 10 bath a month for no bad smelling!!!

sorry for my bad english

Adding bacteria activator to a septic tank is a waste of money IMO. All the bacteria you need is already found in the septage. Just don't add things to the tank that will cause an imbalance as wilko pointed out. You are going to get odors from a tank no matter what, but you can eliminate a lot of it if your septic tank is equipped with an aerator. Anaerobic bacteria (those bacteria that thrive in oxygen poor environments) produce much of the odor...mainly by making hydrogen sulfide gas. Aeration causes the growth of aerobic bacteria which give off carbon dioxide.

Aerobic bacteria also break down materials faster than anaerobic bacteria.