Hazzards In Pattaya Area

threelegcowboy

Pattaya folk,

We all have seen hazzards in Pattaya. I am not talking about things you cant change. I am talking about stuff that could take someone a few minutes to correct. I am dreaming here that we generate a list of hazzards and present them to someone that can do something. Maybe you can try to get it corrected first and then add to this list/thread.

Pattaya folk,

We all have seen hazzards in Pattaya. I am not talking about things you cant change. I am talking about stuff that could take someone a few minutes to correct. I am dreaming here that we generate a list of hazzards and present them to someone that can do something. Maybe you can try to get it corrected first and then add to this list/thread.

You obviously haven't been in Thailand very long.... :o

Pattaya folk,

Bars. Hic :o

1. Broken, sharp glass weapons on the ground.

2. Bricks, stones, sticks used for 'Thai Boxing', found on every corner, tree, alley, etc...

3. Motorbikes driving the wrong way on the sidewalk.

4. Motorbikes crashing into tourists on the beach, while they are sitting in beach chairs.

5. Large metal poles being used for Motorbike jousting.

These are just a few to add to the list...which could possibly turn into a large book or set of books.

Pattaya folk,

You guys are not reading the above. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU CANT CHANGE. An example would be that live exposed electrical wire that the guy pissed on down at Bali Pier.

NOW DO YOU KNOW OF ANY HAZZARDS LIKE THIS?

Well exposed wires are everywhere and at eye level. :o How bout balconies that aren't waist level? (might prevent a few people falling off the balcony a few times a week)

I've come to the conclusion this isnt a priority to the powers that be in Patters.

Edited by britmaveric

Walking street entrance giant sized manhole left uncovered during high season traffic jam for three weeks. (Is this the kind of hazard that qualifies for your list)? Please, no related jokes to large sized manholes near walking street.

Yes thats it...only current stuff.

The one I got my eye on is at Soi Honey. Off of 2nd Rd there is a message parlor about 50 meters down on left. There is a wall of stacked bricks. On that wall is a strand of BARBED WIRE. You dont notice it untill your right next to it. NOT IF BUT WHEN somebody goes by too close it could cut to the bone like a saw.

:o

Walking street entrance giant sized manhole left uncovered during high season traffic jam for three weeks. (Is this the kind of hazard that qualifies for your list)? Please, no related jokes to large sized manholes near walking street.

Yes thats it...only current stuff.

The one I got my eye on is at Soi Honey. Off of 2nd Rd there is a message parlor about 50 meters down on left. There is a wall of stacked bricks. On that wall is a strand of BARBED WIRE. You dont notice it untill your right next to it. NOT IF BUT WHEN somebody goes by too close it could cut to the bone like a saw.

Wow - do be careful - don't want you to end up as a Two legged Cowboy

Pattaya folk,

You guys are not reading the above. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU CANT CHANGE. An example would be that live exposed electrical wire that the guy pissed on down at Bali Pier.

I think City Hall are still in the process of making the signs "Please Do Not Urinate On The Exposed Electric Cables"...

BB

I agree that any hi rise building must be considered a hazard due to the powerful winds that seem to knock foreign men in Jomtien off the balconies on a weekly or daily basis. It is odd that Thai women don't seem to get swept up from these wind gusts, especially since they are so tiny and weigh almost nothing??

all over the city womanholes (not necessarily giant sized), camouflaged. dangerous traps!

Pattaya folk,

Nothing so far in this list can be changed. Infact nothing can ever be changed, it all stays the same, everyday is the same. :o

Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight. :D

Pattaya folk,

Take my advice forget changing anything here, you will drive yourself mad thinking about it. :D

Mark100 - do you know the saying "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"

The reason things in Pattaya dosnt change is because of people like you.

I changed things here on my soi. I paid a few 1000 bath to have all the garbage on the street and empty plots cleaned up and driven away. And now, even the Thais living here is watching out for anyone throwing garbage on their new clean soi. Now imagine what would happen if we all did that, if we all skipped 2 nights with the bar girls and put that money into city cleaning instead.

I agree with DonTron: It is very easy to pick up sharp, broken glass, bricks, stones, sticks, and trash....if we only took the steps to lead by example.

Unfortunately, I am too busy looking out for drunk motorbike drivers, criminals, beggars, pickpockets, and other hazards that it is quite difficult to take the lead without being run over by some lunatic on a motorbike, let alone bending down to pick up trash or a brick on the sidewalk.

1. Broken, sharp glass weapons on the ground.

2. Bricks, stones, sticks used for 'Thai Boxing', found on every corner, tree, alley, etc...

3. Motorbikes driving the wrong way on the sidewalk.

4. Motorbikes crashing into tourists on the beach, while they are sitting in beach chairs.

5. Large metal poles being used for Motorbike jousting.

These are just a few to add to the list...which could possibly turn into a large book or set of books.

Which is the correct way to ride a motorcycle on the sidewalk?

As long as one is going with the stream of traffic on the sidewalk, then I see nothing wrong with this safe practice.

In fact, riding the motorbike on the sidewalk is the safest place to be in order to avoid all of the other motorbikes on the roads.

Edited by innovator

Well so far this thread has not measured up to my expectations. TIT

Now to finish off my intent, DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE TO REPORT A HAZZARD?

Thanks

Well for anyone who is serious about contacting City Hall then here are the numbers.

Pattaya City Hall North Pattaya Road Tel +66(38) 429 405

Tel +66(38) 421 916

Tel +66(38) 429 270

Tel +66(38) 429 403

BAli Hai pier...again.

There's several drain covers missing on the little sidewalk, with people easily distracted looking at these boats and stuff it's easy to walk into one. With most people only wearing shorts there, a nasty gash on the leg is to be expected.

Considering that your average Somchai Jones can make such a cover in half a day with a bit of cement, sand and some iron scraps for next to nothing makes it an even bigger disgrace! They're only about 30 by 60 cm I guess...

As long as one is going with the stream of traffic on the sidewalk, then I see nothing wrong with this safe practice.

In fact, riding the motorbike on the sidewalk is the safest place to be in order to avoid all of the other motorbikes on the roads.

It certainly avoids being hit by the cars and lorries on the road. :o