Hazzards In Pattaya Area

threelegcowboy

Pattaya folk,

We all have seen hazzards in Pattaya. I am not talking about things you cant change. I am talking about stuff that could take someone a few minutes to correct. I am dreaming here that we generate a list of hazzards and present them to someone that can do something. Maybe you can try to get it corrected first and then add to this list/thread.

You guys are not reading the above. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU CANT CHANGE. An example would be that live exposed electrical wire that the guy pissed on down at Bali Pier.

NOW DO YOU KNOW OF ANY HAZZARDS LIKE THIS?

Nothing so far in this list can be changed. Infact nothing can ever be changed, it all stays the same, everyday is the same. :o

Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight. :D

Geez Thanks. Now I can't get that stupid song out of my head :D:D

Drive North on Sukhumvit, about 500 meters past the Pattaya Klang turning there is very well used U-Turn. On the central reservation, right where the traffic is turning, there is a huge open manhole. It has been there for months - if not years. I'll bet there has been many a vehicle that has had a nasty accident there - especially at night, and especially motor bikes. It really is extremely dangerous, particularly for larger vehicles which need a wider turning area.

Not exactly Pattaya, but on the road which leads to the 'red light area' at Bang Chang,there is a collapsed metal drain grid in the middle of the road. This is a fast, unlit road, and there nothing to warn you except a twig sticking out of the broken metal. If you happened to hit this at speed, it would be very serious.

But nothing will ever change - so just keep your eyes open :o

I have mentioned this before on thai visa that the pattaya park water slide pool depth is dangerously low!

Got to second that. I got friction burn in the slide, bounced up, hit my head & nearly knocked out on impact at the bottom :o . I think it's only meant for small kids?

1. Broken, sharp glass weapons on the ground.

2. Bricks, stones, sticks used for 'Thai Boxing', found on every corner, tree, alley, etc...

3. Motorbikes driving the wrong way on the sidewalk.

4. Motorbikes crashing into tourists on the beach, while they are sitting in beach chairs.

5. Large metal poles being used for Motorbike jousting.

These are just a few to add to the list...which could possibly turn into a large book or set of books.

Which is the correct way to ride a motorcycle on the sidewalk?

Any way. At least it was 3-4 years ago when I sat my bike driving test here in Pattaya. One of the questions was exactly this, and the options were: never, only on weekends, only the left side, always. Dumb as I was I picked "never" just to be scorned by the good lady that the correct answer was "always". I kid you not! :o

Edited by Phil Conners

I have mentioned this before on thai visa that the pattaya park water slide pool depth is dangerously low!

Got to second that. I got friction burn in the slide, bounced up, hit my head & nearly knocked out on impact at the bottom :D . I think it's only meant for small kids?

I wouldn't trust any ride or slide in any water park or amusement park in LOS.

There is simply no proper safety standards, and even if there were, they would never be properly enforced. They can't even enforce safety standards in Hotels and and night-time entertainment venues, let alone places for kids to play?

Witness the recent tragedy at Siam Park in Bangkok :o