Would It Be Better To Do It Yourself?

Me and my British husband are setting up a company and the investment is 2 million ( that's what we put in the company registration). How much you do usually pay for this, includes everything until the it's registered? Would it be easier to do it myself or it will be too mush hassle? :o

If my wife can do it herself, you can do it yourself. Don't let the nay sayers here on this forum talk you out of a learning experience.

I did this 6 years ago, so things may have changed (and as I said, I didn't actually do it, my Thai wife did). The government officials are actually very helpful and will walk you through everything if you ask. It's really not hard. My wife did it at a government office down on Sri Nakarin somewhere.

When I/my wife did it, I remember the hardest thing was actually getting them approve a name. Once you've overcome that hurdle, you're all set. Choose something really obscure and that shouldn't be an issue. It's also much easier if you already have an office address picked out before you start the process.

The fees were something like half a percent of your registered capital (at 2 million this would be 10k). There were also minor document fees and a stamp fee of a few hundred baht. That was it. You also need to buy a company stamp. You don't need a lawyer to do it if you don't want to. Of course, if you do have legal questions and concerns, a lawyer might be helpful.

If you're really concerned and don't want to pay a lawyer, there are consultants who will do it for you. I constantly see ads for them (in Thai of course) pasted on A4 paper on the pedestrian bridges, usually for about 2000 baht.

You can do it yourself though. Don't be frightened. It's not that difficult.

If my wife can do it herself, you can do it yourself. Don't let the nay sayers here on this forum talk you out of a learning experience.

I did this 6 years ago, so things may have changed (and as I said, I didn't actually do it, my Thai wife did). The government officials are actually very helpful and will walk you through everything if you ask. It's really not hard. My wife did it at a government office down on Sri Nakarin somewhere.

When I/my wife did it, I remember the hardest thing was actually getting them approve a name. Once you've overcome that hurdle, you're all set. Choose something really obscure and that shouldn't be an issue. It's also much easier if you already have an office address picked out before you start the process.

The fees were something like half a percent of your registered capital (at 2 million this would be 10k). There were also minor document fees and a stamp fee of a few hundred baht. That was it. You also need to buy a company stamp. You don't need a lawyer to do it if you don't want to. Of course, if you do have legal questions and concerns, a lawyer might be helpful.

If you're really concerned and don't want to pay a lawyer, there are consultants who will do it for you. I constantly see ads for them (in Thai of course) pasted on A4 paper on the pedestrian bridges, usually for about 2000 baht.

You can do it yourself though. Don't be frightened. It's not that difficult.

Thank you for your advice, Doing is Learning ,right?