The Doors

Is anyone else having this problem of expanding door during this monsoon season? All of my woods doors in my house either have an extremely tight fit or won't shut at all. After the monsoon season will they go back again or are the doors ruined?

Yes that is normal, you can use a planner to take a bit off, wait till it dries out, or fit UPVC door [good idea anyway for the bathrooms]

they will shrink back when the rain stops ,dont plane them as they will be too small later and the mosquitto's will get in .

Yes that is normal, you can use a planner to take a bit off, wait till it dries out, or fit UPVC door [good idea anyway for the bathrooms]

Keep it short,

If you are interested have a look at our website ( see link to Project Supplies Direct ),

ALL Windows and Doors we supply and install are Pvc ( kommerling , Europe ) have a NO EXCLUSION warranty for up to 10 years and are availiable in a woodgrain finish ( 35 or so different finishes ).

No more worries with the weather then !

Thx

Is anyone else having this problem of expanding door during this monsoon season? All of my woods doors in my house either have an extremely tight fit or won't shut at all. After the monsoon season will they go back again or are the doors ruined?

do you hear about "Humid air" in countrys like LOS?

if the humidity are between 80-100%, every wood will stretch....that's normal :o ..do nothing, if you can close the door.

This time, in the rainsaison we have about 70-100% humidity every day...just wait for december and everything will be good.

PS: hot air also need more place/volume then cold air (extend of volume)

or why do you think a hot air balloon rise up from the earth?

I hope your house will not get bigger in this rainseason :D

Chayaphum

Used to use dehumidifiers in Hong Kong where the humidity rarely drops below 90% for at least 6 months of the year. Everything goes mouldy without them. Looked for one here but no luck....anyone know if they are sold anywhere?

If you can find one, PM me.

We use these little container things. you peel the top & it has beads in it that absorb all the moisture.Good for wardrobes & small rooms.Buy them at Home pro or Tesco.

Silica granules... come in a variety of sizes, usually electronic equipment is packed with it... to keep moisture at bay.

But never seen it around here...

A small bulb in the wardrobe might do - the best is constant flow of air - good ventilation!

In the woodden "old style" Thai Houses this was given, since they are all concrete... I have even mould on the walls!

We use these little container things. you peel the top & it has beads in it that absorb all the moisture.Good for wardrobes & small rooms.Buy them at Home pro or Tesco.

LOL, you know what there are called.

Called .....Happy 450ml

Dehumidifier

They come also in a variety of scents.

Made in china by the looks of it.

Silica granules... come in a variety of sizes, usually electronic equipment is packed with it... to keep moisture at bay.

But never seen it around here...

A small bulb in the wardrobe might do - the best is constant flow of air - good ventilation!

In the woodden "old style" Thai Houses this was given, since they are all concrete... I have even mould on the walls!

Happy....

Thanx Roo, and this makes ALL the Difference?

Does it say how much humidity is absorbed, per m3?

Hi Samuian, yes it does make a diff, especially in wardrobes & linen closets etc...... for larger areas you might need 2 or 3. It probably says what it can absorb, but it's in Chinese.

Another hint for enclosed area, use half a bucket of dry sand & let it stand.It will absorb moisture & control mould ( keep sand in bucket :o ).

Happy....

Thanx Roo, and this makes ALL the Difference?

Does it say how much humidity is absorbed, per m3?

Hi Samuian, yes it does make a diff, especially in wardrobes & linen closets etc...... for larger areas you might need 2 or 3. It probably says what it can absorb, but it's in Chinese.

Another hint for enclosed area, use half a bucket of dry sand & let it stand.It will absorb moisture & control mould ( keep sand in bucket :o ).

THX, Rooo, that I didn't know til now!

I think you'll find that it's your house that is actually shrinking, nothing to do with your doors. I am in the process of bolting steel girders around my house at 2 different levels in order to try & stop this, though I fear it may lead to cracking in the plaster work. I'll let you know.