Death Of Ajarn Forum

hiso101

I just checked out the ajarn forum web site half of it is missing and all the members are banging on about getting hacked. Apparently some schismatic web brawl broke out amongst the members and they are not talking anymore. Very handbags at dawn, can’t say I am sad half the people on that site are pretentious non entities anyway. :o

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't bear to read the site let alone post there...

Pretentious non entities isn't far off the mark, it was plagued with comments that between the lines basically read -

"So how long have you not been a backpacker for then?" and -"I've got a degree AAAND a TEFL, what have you got?"

Blah blah, blah blah blah blah wankspaggle...

It was like being in the student union bar only at primary school. :o

Looks like they are all coming here then.

Right I'll start..

I'VE GOT A PROPER TEACHING DEGREE, NO WANGSPANGLE TEFL CERT FOR ME...

How long before the hacking starts then??

Are you not/were you not an active poster on Ajarn? The UN is very familiar. :D

As for the TGS, to you they may not be much, but at least they don't need to resort to passing around the begging bowl on Ajarn; something not unheard of here on TV - as you would know from personal experience :o:D On which point, I wasn't surprised to read that you had plenty of time on your hands, to consider such earth shattering things, as you made your way around using public transport...

It is now a "teachers only" site so if you are not one of them you are not welcome from what I could gather.

Why the fok would someone who is not a teacher, or interested in teaching visit a board called Ajarn,com?

Why the fok would someone not living/visiting in Thailand, or planning to visit Thaivisa?

It is now a "teachers only" site so if you are not one of them you are not welcome from what I could gather.

Why the fok would someone who is not a teacher, or interested in teaching visit a board called Ajarn,com?

Why the fok would someone not living/visiting in Thailand, or planning to visit Thaivisa?

Ajarn caters for more than just teachers you know.... Lots of valuable visa advice, a great social calendar, a center of excellence for hackers etc.

TV... has a great jokes forum & a solid technical section.

:o

As for the TGS, to you they may not be much, but at least they don't need to resort to passing around the begging bowl on Ajarn; something not unheard of here on TV - as you would know from personal experience :o:D On which point, I wasn't surprised to read that you had plenty of time on your hands, to consider such earth shattering things, as you made your way around using public transport...

Begging bowl?

BEGGING BOWL????!!!

I explained my situation, posted what I was capable of and asked what I could do with it to live and work in Thailand.

I had a very helpful response and a couple of private financial offers of help I turned down because I do have some self respect, that and the fact it was anything but a 'begging' post - more of a way of asking for help to help myself make my own money.

How come you didn't flame me on there? Outnumbered by posters who liked me?

Sorry if I'm a bit sensitive about this but if you've read the Dashing Chap's post on fun/farangfood/expat life today then maybe you'll understand why.

The way things are going it's this forum that'll be falling apart next. :D

The most used Forum is called "The Virtual Pub" and the current topic is "Hangover".

Nuff said. :o

of course those pretentious TV members (you know who you are) don't ever get drunk, maybe cos you are too busy taking advantage of young thai girls who through no fault of their own find themselves a little short of cash & have to sell themselves to fat stinking ex-pats... shame on the lot of yer...

:D

would anyone like me to post my poll here?