3.5 Hdd Multimedia Player

Rafacuba

It's a external 2.5" HDD case with Remote and Chinch connector for to connect directly to an TV or so without to use an computer!

This Cases are available in most of the IT Malls and you can use all IDE HDD's and in the newest even SATA HDD's with the size up to 250 GB! Cost starting by about THB 1,500.00

Edit:

Forget: They although available for 3.5" Harddisk up to 500 GB. I haven't seen them bigger like 750 GB 1 TB!

Edited by Reimar

It's a external 2.5" HDD case with Remote and Chinch connector for to connect directly to an TV or so without to use an computer!

This Cases are available in most of the IT Malls and you can use all IDE HDD's and in the newest even SATA HDD's with the size up to 250 GB! Cost starting by about THB 1,500.00

Never heard of that.

Any chance of a link so we can see what you mean?

It sounds like a great idea.

Never heard of that.

Any chance of a link so we can see what you mean?

It sounds like a great idea.

Go to here or here to see the Websites

me thinks he is referring to an Ipod like device

i have an arcos 30gig unit, 2 years old .. plays & RECORDS music & video + has user replacable battery

walmart carries .. about us$300. for the newer 100gig unit

i highly recommend .. comes with a remote to act as a 'rather full function' dvr.

i've heavily used mine without issue.

13 hours music on 1 battery ,, w/ the replacable battery LA - Bkk jammin.

+ with usb2 it is an excellent external backup / file transfer tool .. my computer sees it as an external HD

Edited by pumper

me thinks he is referring to an Ipod like device

i have an arcos 30gig unit, 2 years old .. plays & RECORDS music & video + has user replacable battery

walmart carries .. about us$300. for the newer 100gig unit

i highly recommend .. comes with a remote to act as a 'rather full function' dvr.

i've heavily used mine without issue.

13 hours music on 1 battery ,, w/ the replacable battery LA - Bkk jammin.

+ with usb2 it is an excellent external backup / file transfer tool .. my computer sees it as an external HD

No, he isn't looking for an iPod device! Take a look at the Links I posted before and that's exactly what he's looking for. Dont need to pay a Fortune!

A 500 GB Multimedia HDD cost below THB 10,000 That's a lot cheaper than the 100 GB device for THB 12,000 plus you suggest!!

For the 2.5" device the cost for 200 GB incl. Case is about THB ~7,000 till a lot cheaper as yours!

And both of them having Remote and direct connect to TV and computer just for what you need at the time!

iPod's to much limited anyway! And to expensive because you pay for an name!

>Take a look at the Links I posted before and that's exactly what he's looking for.<

there me go thinkin' again.

"Multimedia Player" is what threw me ..

Ipod is a brand of player with a HDD (as opposed to flash memory.)

+ i did not suggest an ipod .. just was usin' "Ipod like device" as a generic description (by far the best selling multimedia player) of a multimedia player

7k THB for the case is 221.616 USD. (seems way high ah moi)

+

me thinks 300 usd is not 12k thb

300.00 USD = 9,478.93 THB (0ctober 30, 2007 exchange rate) not 12k thb (2006 exchange rate, remember the us$ has totally tanked)

:o

+ the archos HDD PLAYER unit does not require a cum-pooter to record or play ..

just thinkin', it be you that knows what he's looking for

me was thinkin' about what he might be wantin' ..

Edited by pumper

>Take a look at the Links I posted before and that's exactly what he's looking for.<

there me go thinkin' again.

"Multimedia Player" is what threw me ..

Ipod is a brand of player with a HDD (as opposed to flash memory.)

+ i did not suggest an ipod .. just was usin' "Ipod like device" as a generic description (by far the best selling multimedia player) of a multimedia player

7k THB for the case is 221.616 USD. (seems way high ah moi)

+

me thinks 300 usd is not 12k thb

300.00 USD = 9,478.93 THB (0ctober 30, 2007 exchange rate) not 12k thb (2006 exchange rate, remember the us$ has totally tanked)

:o

+ the archos HDD PLAYER unit does not require a cum-pooter to record or play ..

just thinkin', it be you that knows what he's looking for

me was thinkin' about what he might be wantin' ..

The price you was giving was for an 60 GB iPod in Thailand! If your price was for an "iPod like Device" you really need to start to thinking again and special check. Even if your price was for an 100 GB "iPod like Device" it was more than 2,5 times higher than for an 120 GB HDD Multimedia Player in Thailand! But I get an 500 GB for the price of max 300 US in Thailand and that is 5 times the capacity!

It's just a calculation!

As I looking for prices in Thailand, I even ad the cost for shipping and so on to the US price and here we go: it's a bit more than just the exchange! And the OP is looking for to buy in Thailand!

i did mis-understand the op's location

me was thinkin' she was bringing a media player to thailand .. not bringing to cuba from thailand..

a walmart is only 90 miles from cuba. :o

Jajaja! I Know that´s is only 90 miles, but I only can get from Thailand, so fuc_k the US!

Look, u think that if a give to my friend only 160 fuc_kin' US, can she bring me to Cuba some fuc_king hdd player ´cause my son is already to fuc_k my fuc_kin´PC???

Regards.

R.

I think he needs a Pantip (or wherever) vendor suggestion that can help his friend obtain the 3.5 hdd media player he desires.

seems media players are displayed in "1/2" the display cases in Pantip.

how many are 3.5 hdd media players? ..

other factor: cuba electric for the thai 220 player? thai electric - cuba electric convertor?

Rafacuba, I apoligize for my tastless "90 mile" attempt at humor.

.. & I agree with you regarding the us cuba policy!

in my initial posts I did not realize you are in cuba.

I thought you were from cuba & in Thailand.

good luck finding the player that meets your requirements...

again, :o for my tasteless attempt at humor.

jajaja in Thai = 555

Edited by pumper

Rafacuba:

Take a look at the websites I suggest early and tell to your friend wich you want with which Harddisk (2.5 or 3.5" and which size in GB)! Give your friend a few possibilities. Most of the drives available in Thailand special at Pantip Plaza in Bangkok.

For US $ 160 you should get a drive with app. 250 GB without any problems!

Cheers

Rafacuba:

Take a look at the websites I suggest early and tell to your friend wich you want with which Harddisk (2.5 or 3.5" and which size in GB)! Give your friend a few possibilities. Most of the drives available in Thailand special at Pantip Plaza in Bangkok.

For US $ 160 you should get a drive with app. 250 GB without any problems!

Cheers

I bought a 2.5" HDD MultiMedia Player (999 Baht) about a half year ago because I was fed-up with the scratching of the CD/DVD's making them ready for the waster bin in a few weeks.

I also had a spare 120GB hard-disk with a few bad sectors which made this harddisk of no use for the PC, but welcome to the HDD player.

The HDD player has also a Card Reader built in which is able to read most of the SD/MS/MMC cards.

It can play AV formats such as MPEG4/DVD/VCD/MP3/MP4/AAC/OGG/CD/DIVx/AVI/MPG/WMV/XVID and JPEG/JPG/TIFF and other formats.

In addition, it can play a chosen sound file while displaying a photo reportage.

NOTE:

The harddisk needs to be formatted as FAT32 system, restricting the maximum capacity per partition to 32GB>

Great little player for its price.

I copies most of my CD'S/DVD's to this HDD player, and they still play without missing an image.