Marmite And Bovril - Where Can I Buy It?

stament

Marmite can sometimes be found in Rimping - the real deal, a chinese manufactured deal that seems the same to me and of course that funny stuff that the antipodeans insist on promoting but is in fact nothing like marmite and everything like spreading compost on your toast. :o

JxP

Marmite can sometimes be found in Rimping - the real deal, a chinese manufactured deal that seems the same to me and of course that funny stuff that the antipodeans insist on promoting but is in fact nothing like marmite and everything like spreading compost on your toast. :o

JxP

I'll have to take your word about spreading compost on toast? Did you have particularly impoverished childhood or did your parents hate you? :D

Vegemite rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All branches of Rimping do a good job of stocking both Marmite and Bovril. If you're closer to Kasem, they probably have them too.

Michael

Thanks to everyone who suggested Rimping. Went there earlier and they had bovril, marmite and vegimite.

Bovril

The first part of the product's name comes from Latin bos (genitive bovis) meaning "ox" or "cow". The -vril comes from Bulwer-Lytton's once-popular 1870 "lost race" novel, The Coming Race (also reprinted as Vril: The Power of the Coming Race), in which a subterranean humanoid race have mental control over, and devastating powers from, an energy fluid named "Vril."

There's something wrong with that last sentence.

Bovril holds the unusual position of having been advertised with Papal approval. An advertising campaign of the early 20th Century in Britain depicted the Pope seated on his throne, bearing a mug of Bovril. The campaign slogan ran: "The Two Infallible Powers - The Pope & Bovril".
:o

(wiki)

Edited by WaiWai