Uk Wedding

We're in England and my girlfriend/wife (in the eyes of Buddha) is on a tourist visa. We're going to have a ceremony here anyway but are afraid of getting legally wed because I've heard (on this 'ere forum) that it would mean she's broken the conidtions of her visa and will be barred from the UK for 6 months. That's not a problem, but we don't want a black mark for future applications.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've posted this question before but in the wrong part and got no replies.

I won't be able to reply to you guys/gals immediately because I only have access to this computer in the evening UK time.

Thanx

Jamie

There is no condition attached to a tourist visa which prohibts someone from getting married. In fact the freedom to marry is a provision of the Human Rights Act 1998 and should the authorities not allow you to get hitched then they would be breaching your entitlement.

Marrying will not automatically prejudice any further visa applications. Should your wife wish to settle with you in the UK then she should return to Thailand at the end of her holiday and apply for a settlement visa based on having married you in the UK. The only occasion I could foresee a potential difficulty is if, already having married, your wife applies for another tourist visa.

Scouse.

Jamie,,We did it that way and No prob.

Back to lOS and happy folks at Brit Emb.banged in a uno year tourist visa and 12 months later on an away day hol trip to deepest Croydon an Indefinate V.

Spent 2 hours in Pret et Manger waiting. :o

I agree with Rinrada, except he seemed to be speaking in tongues.

My wife (girlfriend at the time) came across to UK in 99' on a tourist visa for a short time. We got married whilst she was there. She then returned to Thailand and got a residence visa from the British Embassy. She then returned to UK, eventually getting citizenship after three years or so. No problem at all.

:D Thanx guys. Will she still be able to come back in a year or two on a tourist visa (as my legal wife) if we wanna do just that; be tourists, and not settle?

A weight off my mind and a registry office to be visited, me thinks!

Any other helpful ideas? :o