Gay Teacher Commits Suicide In Bkk?

kitkatking

Has anybody heard the news about a gay teacher who committed suicide over the weekend by jumping from his condo. His name is Steve and was from the UK but had lived in BKk quite a number of years. He used to drink in Telephone bar, which is where I met him a few years ago. A Thai friend told me the sad news yesterday but nothing seems to have been posted about it. Did any members know of him or heard any news?

Been hearing bits and pieces. 21st floor. Silom Suite. Heard from a friend that lives below him on the 17th floor that he had trown out all his dvds first from the balcony as he found several on his terrace below. English teacher for the Shangrila Hotel. Also knew him to say hello and he was always friendly but not talkative. Always sat at the bar at telephone. Well dressed and professional. Strange.

Sad to hear it. I think ThaiVisa had a news story about a jumper from the 21st floor of a condo last week.

Here is the link, probably the same unfortunate soul: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1630595

Anyway, we have a rule against suicide discussions, so I guess we need to close the topic. Condolences to the family.