Kayaks Have Moved

blubythebay

Hi Guys,

A few months ago directions were given where to rent a kayak on the east side of the Ping just a tiny bit south of the metal bridge.

I just came from there. The drivers pointed across the river and further south.

Would anyone know more specifically of the new location?

The days are getting perfect for this wonderful outdoor sport.

Thanks for any assistance.

blubythebay

Just came from a Khao Soi place up by Wat Faham, same east side of the river, just further up by Faham (go figure), closer to the Super Hwy. When walking the road there, somewhere on the Southbound, river side I saw a sign that said 'kayak rental.' COuld have been even further south toward the city...in my mind it's all a little cloudy.. but I remember reading some Thai signs and one was for longtail boats, the other for the boat pier. Big signs. Forget whether in English or Thai. The kayak part is definitely in English, and big n easy to see. Use those as your clues. Go North past Nawarat bridge and towards Faham. Keep eyes peeled to the left of ye. Let us know what you find. Chok dii.

Hi Guys,

A few months ago directions were given where to rent a kayak on the east side of the Ping just a tiny bit south of the metal bridge.

I just came from there. The drivers pointed across the river and further south.

Would anyone know more specifically of the new location?

I am wondering if they have gone back to the ramp at Wat Chaimongkon. I will likely be there over the weekend so will have a look.

CB

RTD,

You were (are) absolutely correct. The kayaks are located at Wat Faham. They have lots of long kayaks for rent. It's also where the rowing team practice.

Thanks for your help. The next time you drive over the Ping look for a blonde in a kayake and it will be me.

blubythebay

RTD,

You were (are) absolutely correct. The kayaks are located at Wat Faham. They have lots of long kayaks for rent. It's also where the rowing team practice.

Thanks for your help. The next time you drive over the Ping look for a blonde in a kayake and it will be me.

blubythebay

I just came back from there. Yes Wat Faham is the place. The sign is now neatly painted (in English). The place where you rent the kayaks is at the back - adjacent to the river, strange that. Going into the temple veer to the right and head to the back. There is a white building with wire link mesh over the windows. The cost of the kayak is 100 Baht per DAY! If you are interested in taking lessons - they have instructors there in the evening who teach. Be there about 6:30pm - be patient because they have a mob of school kids and others who do it as sport and they take precedence. Wait for a bit of a lull between groups of screaming kids. I took a single seat kayak up the river and back for about 4 hours - dam_n near killed me. Had to go next door to the restaurant and have a Khao Soi Gai Peeset and a Coke (40B) to recover.

If others are interested in going for a paddle during the day - maybe we could organise a group thing.

CB

• 1 month later...