Stairway To Heaven Starbucks Pattaya

innovator

The Avenue Shopping Concept is really catching on with the new movie theater, shops and upscale dining establishments and of course, Starbucks.

This new Starbucks is a very beautiful shop with two levels. I guess they are expecting a lot of visitors for coffee and bakery items.

I love Starbucks worldwide, but this special edition, made for Pattaya only is a rare exception. Drink at your own risk.

The stairs leading up to the second level are the most dangerous steps that I have seen in any establishment in Thailand.

Steep, narrow steps with NO Hand rails!!! I am almost certain that one could grab a cup of JOE and sit at the base of the steps and watch for a few weeks for the first victim....but I hope that this message can lead to real change before a major accident occurs and it will, unless they install some hand rails.

Go take a peak at these stairs and you will surely see a Stairway to Heaven or hel_l.

The Avenue Shopping Concept is really catching on with the new movie theater, shops and upscale dining establishments and of course, Starbucks.

This new Starbucks is a very beautiful shop with two levels. I guess they are expecting a lot of visitors for coffee and bakery items.

I love Starbucks worldwide, but this special edition, made for Pattaya only is a rare exception. Drink at your own risk.

The stairs leading up to the second level are the most dangerous steps that I have seen in any establishment in Thailand.

Steep, narrow steps with NO Hand rails!!! I am almost certain that one could grab a cup of JOE and sit at the base of the steps and watch for a few weeks for the first victim....but I hope that this message can lead to real change before a major accident occurs and it will, unless they install some hand rails.

Go take a peak at these stairs and you will surely see a Stairway to Heaven or hel_l.

The escalator across the way from the steps is the easy way to go :o

Sure, the escalator is an easy way to go....but you may want to sit at the base of the steps and watch the folks go up and down these steps with their flip flops on, carrying hot trays of HOT java....a true balancing act indeed. One little miscalculation and there will be a serious fall. It seems that if they build it, (the stairs), they will come....they will use the stairs!!!

Sure, the escalator is an easy way to go....but you may want to sit at the base of the steps and watch the folks go up and down these steps with their flip flops on, carrying hot trays of HOT java....a true balancing act indeed. One little miscalculation and there will be a serious fall. It seems that if they build it, (the stairs), they will come....they will use the stairs!!!

Why would handrails be necessary for people carrying trays?

Q: Why would handrails be necessary for people carrying trays?

A: I have never carried a tray in a Starbucks. However, I did see two people navigating up the steps with trays and flip flops.

I suppose that a person could hold a tray in one hand with a coffee and cookie on the tray and hold on for life with the other hand.

Also, coming down the stairs after finishing the coffee and treats would allow a person to hang on for life and he/she would definately not be holding any trays coming down....but could be holding a baby in one arm???? Just some of the possibilities that could occur.

Good question though!!!

Thank you for contacting us. We always appreciate hearing feedback from valued customers.

Your comments are of great concern to us. We shared your comments with our district manager and the partners concerned about a stair at our store, as customer feedback is a critical measure of Starbucks success in exceeding customer expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Sincerely yours,

Vanarat Herunrinrat

Customer Relationship Manager

These steps might have claimed their first victim...was at the Avenue last nite and noticed that the plate-glass window at the bottom of the stairway was shattered (it was taped in place). It looked like someone may have fallen down the stairs and slammed into the window.

When I did first look at this stairwell after first seeing this thread I could see it was one of the most dangerous stairwells I have ever seen. Small Thai step widths, narrow, very steep slope to stairwell and NO handrails. How could an architect even design such a stairwell. However, an easy fix (which will surely be in place soon) is just to add handrails.

I am so sorry to hear that the first victim has tumbled down the steps and into a glass window. I think that it took about 7 days for this accident to occur from the initial posting. I hope that the new handrails will help out in the future. I hope that the Victim is or will be OK soon.