Hotmail

vickersvc10

What's happening at Hotmail? I often try to log on, but get a stupid message saying that the service is not available. I use Firefox and Maxnet.

A simple search of this forum using the word "hotmail" yielded no less than THREE CURRENT threads regarding this very subject.

Remember: The search function is your friend.

True but they get buried way in the back pages I think.

I posted on one of the other ones and yes my hotmail account is still going haywire as of last night, the pages load up in a scrambled fashion, or the page is blank, or it loads as several lines of random characters.

BTW I googled to see if there was anything on this and couldn't find anything. That was a couple of days ago, I will look again, sometimes there are news articles or forum discussions.

(I am in California.)

I was starting to wonder if it was my computer, but no other pages are having problems.

? ? ? ?

True but they get buried way in the back pages I think. if you ask the corect question you will get shorter replies, just typing in hotmail is just too much

I am in California.

I live in London, mine is fine (I use hotmail.Com as well :D

Run a anti virus and a spyware scan, check your connections, give it a reboot, (are you using a wireless router or any other connection ? it will happen if your connection is weak or very slow to connect to the servers

Try connecting in a cafe, if that works, it may well be your PC, connection speed or even have a bug on it :o

True but they get buried way in the back pages I think.

Ahhh.... I see now! So the solution is to start a NEW thread (on the very same subject) when the original post gets pushed off the first page?!

Thanks for clearing that up for us "less enlightened" forum users. I, for one, had NO idea.

Edited by Rice_King

What's happening at Hotmail? I often try to log on, but get a stupid message saying that the service is not available. I use Firefox and Maxnet.

I'm on Maxnet/Internet Explorer here in N.E. Thailand. I have not been able to log on to Hotmail using my home computer for two weeks. Keep getting "internal server error" message. No problem at all with Yahoo. I've run MacAffe many times, but no indication of a virus (which of course doesn't mean there isn't one). Meanwhile, I have no problems logging on to Hotmail in my office, using a computer hooked up to a university network. What gives??? Incidentally, in both instances I'm using the old Hotmail, not the "upgrade" version.

I was signed up as live months back.  The link I used to sign in just changed the other day looks completely differant, but I can still sign in and its the same live mail I had.  I think everone is getting up graded now wheather they want it or not.  I also think that if there was any hang ons from the outlook and free POP/SMPT service that its over and is all pay service now.  Try opening a new account and see if it works.

I also think that if there was any hang ons from the outlook and free POP/SMPT service that its over and is all pay service now. Try opening a new account and see if it works.

It's only new accounts that have to pay. My 25 Hotmail POP accounts still work with Outlook Express. :o