How Long, Suk To Swampy For Midday Departure?

Daewoo

Leaving Suk for a midday flight (Weekday). How long should I give the taxi? Any major tarffic holdup areas I need to worry about?

For DM I used to catch the BTS to Morchit to bypass some of the traffic. Is there a similar option for Swampy???

Cheers,

Daewoo

30 minutes maximum. No traffic worries. Relax.

There is not even traffic in Bendix's Thailand.

Thanks guys...

don't need to wake up at some stupid hour then... 11:15 should do it :o ...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Are you searching for my posts, PTG? If so, I applaud you. Do a search on them over the last three years and you'll have yourself a treat.

It's rather touching. It really is.

With the exception of occasional delays getting on the expressway at the soi 1 entrance, where would the traffic jams be at around 10am in the morning. It's expressway all the way.

If i was getting a midday flight, i wouldnt bother leaving my place in Soi 11 until 9.45 or 10 and only that early because I like to loaf around in the lounge for a relaxing 45 minutes or so before takeoff.

Perhaps you know something I don't.

Are you searching for my posts, PTG? If so, I applaud you. Do a search on them over the last three years and you'll have yourself a treat.

It's rather touching. It really is.

With the exception of occasional delays getting on the expressway at the soi 1 entrance, where would the traffic jams be at around 10am in the morning. It's expressway all the way.

If i was getting a midday flight, i wouldnt bother leaving my place in Soi 11 until 9.45 or 10 and only that early because I like to loaf around in the lounge for a relaxing 45 minutes or so before takeoff.

Perhaps you know something I don't.

In fact, I lived on Soi 11 for 15 years.

I'm well aware of the traffic in the hood.

Go back to your food fights, punk.

Well, I suppose I can only base my view on my experiences of living here now which, I believe, is when the OP needs the advice.

Had the OP asked for advice on getting from Sukhumvit to Swampy 10 years ago I would, of course, have referred him to you.

Mea culpa. :-)

OP, I stand corrected. For a midday flight, I suggest you leave at around 1am, three days earlier. Just to be safe.

Without detailed information re: your exact location, and your flight (international or domestic) it's hard to make an exact recommendation. I guess I'd say allow at least 60 minutes door to door. My house is ~ 1 KM from the entrance to the tollway; that 1 KM can take 5 minutes or it can take 30 minutes based on the vagaries of Bangkok traffic. Once on the tollway it usually takes ~ 25 minutes to cover the ~ 30 Km from Ploen Chit to Suvarnabhumi. With traffic that increases to ~ 40+ minutes.

For an early morning or late evening international departure I usually leave at least 2.5 hours before my scheduled departure but then I am overly cautious, and have never missed a flight in ~ 1.7 million flight miles. I have an international departure this evening and am planning on leaving ~ 4 hours prior to my scheduled departure.

Edited by lomatopo