Pool Competitons

CelineHagard

Is there anywhere that lists pool competitions, similar to the happy hour listings in Fun Mag. Would

like to know where the big ones are. For anyone out there that fancies a game, Happy Days in Chalong has

a good one every wednesday around 8.30, usually 16-20 people, and plenty of good craic.

There are ones dotted around Patong, but I usually only see the posters after they've been completed. They are usually 800-1000 baht entry fees, with decent prize money, and are played in the pool halls. Lots of Thai spectators who intimidate farangs in the one I played in, but that may just be sour grapes...

What are the formats like for the ones listed in Karon/Chalong? Are they mainly for farang? Small snooker style tables or larger American ones? Ridiculous Thai rules? Standard of competition? And, more importantly, prize money?

Edited by Super Hans

Skylight 2 play in the patong pool league,so the rules for the bars friday night comp are the same as they are when they play league games.

The entry fee last year was only 100bht,1,100 for the winner,and 500bht for second,although i belive this year the entry fee will be 200bht per person,it starts friday 16th.

The competitions here attract a mixed clientele from die hard serious players,to the holidaymaker out for a bit of fun,so it makes for a fun night which is what its all about,we save the serious stuff for the league.

It is a snooker style table(as are the majority)

Ask jon or woody for details if anybody is interested.

PST.

Edited by PST

Is there anywhere that lists pool competitions, similar to the happy hour listings in Fun Mag. Would

like to know where the big ones are. For anyone out there that fancies a game, Happy Days in Chalong has

a good one every wednesday around 8.30, usually 16-20 people, and plenty of good craic.

Hi,

Where is Happy Days located in Chalong ?

Scottbiker

Why do you call snookerstyle tables small? Snooker is played on very big tables.

I think the clue is in the question - "snookerstyle" as in like snooker, but smaller. They are essentially half-sized snooker tables, as opposed to proper pool tables. There are two varieties of pool here - pool played on snookerstyle tables (small balls, small pockets) and pool played on pool tables (big balls, big pockets).