Sleeping With A Light On.

Mosha

Probably a2396 has never been to Khmer or Haiiti or ever here

about ' the quite strenght ' from Indonesia ?

I am sure when walking around some places will make your

' believe ' (in your state now) realise that there is more then we

can see or prove , or whatever our human brains can understand to

think what is real or not .

12.gif Wooo - wooo !! sofa.gifwall.gif

Why do the Thais ( In my experience ) sleep with a light on?

:o Some do, some don't. My Thai girlfriend always leaves a light on. Once, while she was in the shower, the electricity went off. I never heard such a scream before.

If you live in a house where creepy-crawlies can get in from outside (centipedes, for example) it makes sense to keep a light on so you can see and avoid such things if you are moving about the house at night. That's not crazy. Not to mention snakes.

For that matter, I live and work in Crete, Greece. My apartment can be very dark at night, especially in the winter, when I keep the shutters closed to keep the heat in. (Please don't try to tell me that Crete doesn't get cold in December). So I leave a night light on in the kitchen, so if I get up to go to the bathroom at night, I won't trip over something and smash my silly face.

My Thai girlfriend always leaves a light on on the second floor so anyone (i.e. her kids) won't fall down the stairs at night.

There are plenty of reasons if you think about it.

:D

Their is a down side to the lights on argument, at least in the sticks. If it rains after a prolonged dry spell, it is always followed by a termite hatch. Sometimes they get in the house, but outside it's like a carpet of termites in the morning.

Edited by Mosha