Sleeping With A Light On.

Mosha

It scares the ghosts away. My Malaysian Chinese girlfriend would turn every light in the house on she was home alone for this reason, she explained. Ghosts like to hide in dark corners or rooms & don't tell me you don't believe in ghosts. You can never be a real Thai.

If a light sleeper sleeps with a light on, how does a hard sleeper sleep?

My experience has been the opposite--my other half keeps the place as dark as possible, so the neighbors can't see in! Of course, I can't see anything either and have almost killed myself several times running into things.

I myself leave the sun on, every afternoon, when having my little snooze. :o

More seriously, I would agree that it is an anti-creepie-crawlie defence, having once disturbed a small snake crawling into my son's bedroom, in the middle of the night.

I've been told its a bug thing. cockroaches don't like the like. So one more vote for the creepy crawlies

Yes, but the jinjoks will eat all the flies attracted to the light, and then crap on you. Not good. omgblinky3sm.gif

I can't see were all the sarcasm is coming from. Half of you fukc-wits who have responded to this thread don't understand Thai culture or their superstitions. GO HOME.

Looks like every Thai person I've ever slept with also doesn't understand "Thai culture or their superstitions".

Had a bad day? :o

I always leave a light on in the bathroom or hall.

Mosquitos are attracted to light so they go there instead of the bedroom.

Works quit well.

I'm in the "lights on" in the bathroom crowd as well.

FYI - If my Minnesota (the state bird IS the mosquito) upbringing serves me right, the loving mosquito is actually attracted to the CO2 that we all exhale. My father said if you don't want to get bit, don't breathe. :o

I always leave a light on in the bathroom or hall.

Mosquitos are attracted to light so they go there instead of the bedroom.

Works quit well.

I'm in the "lights on" in the bathroom crowd as well.

FYI - If my Minnesota (the state bird IS the mosquito) upbringing serves me right, the loving mosquito is actually attracted to the CO2 that we all exhale. My father said if you don't want to get bit, don't breathe. :D

I believe they are also attracted to alcohol eminating from the body's poures. One time I was eaten alive and my GF didn't get a single bite. :o

I can't see were all the sarcasm is coming from. Half of you fukc-wits who have responded to this thread don't understand Thai culture or their superstitions. GO HOME.

I'd say the real "fukc-wits" are people who accept such idiotic nonsense, ie belief in ghosts as legitimate "Thai culture". Such culture belongs in the dust bin, along with belief in fortune telling, witchcraft & black magic masquerading as religion.

I'd say the real "fukc-wits" are people who accept such idiotic nonsense, ie belief in ghosts as legitimate "Thai culture". Such culture belongs in the dust bin, along with belief in fortune telling, witchcraft & black magic masquerading as religion.

I think his statement has made him look like a <deleted> -Wit.

I think his statement has made him look like a <deleted> -Wit.

a2396, you don't have to actually believe in ghost to be afraid of ghost. I think it is quite natural to be afraid of them. I don't believe in ghosts and gods but my heart sure will beat faster if I am made to sleep in a cemetery alone. Will you?

:o

Probably a2396 has never been to Khmer or Haiiti or ever here

about ' the quite strenght ' from Indonesia ?

I am sure when walking around some places will make your

' believe ' (in your state now) realise that there is more then we

can see or prove , or whatever our human brains can understand to

think what is real or not .

As opposed to <deleted>-wits who know they are right about everything and therefore everyone who does not conform to their view is a moron? :D

Healthy scepticism is a fine thing but based on my own direct experience I have a strong sympathy with the beliefs within Thai culture.

Some religions despise magic and fortune telling when others use it but embrace it themselves by changing the descriptions to miracles and prophesy. :o

Anyway sliding off topic. Light on to spot the creepy crawlies only, the most powerful spiritual force in the bedroom is me. :D