Ever Soaring Stupidity

chanchao

Have a look at this: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/page.news....ess=1&id=119345

> The department imposes fixed excise taxes of Bt3.6 per litre of petrol

> and Bt2.3 for diesel.

Note: With the current subsidies on diesel, there is no tax left on it. More like a spending bonus now!!

> Heavy fuel users, which he defined as people or

> families with multiple vehicles, would somehow be taxed more for using more fuel.

Christ. Another politician who forgets that this is still Thailand. ("TIT") Hello: They don't actually have any data on who lives with who else or form a family together. Me, the Missus and my dog all drive cars, but who knows about it? (Aside from the complete TV readership, now, I mean, obviously. ;-) This is the perfect example of why I don't get officially married: clueless morons in power!

Think that's too harsh? :

> Owners of some shopping venues told the PM they are ready to co-operate and

> believe consumers would be able to adjust their behaviour.

Shorter opening hours of shopping centers -> More people shopping at earlier hours -> more traffic jams -> more fuel consumption.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

:-)

> Once the Cabinet endorses the energy-saving measures next week, motorists

> will not see gasoline prices dip below Bt21 per litre for the rest of the year,

> said Metta Banterngsuk, director of the Energy Policy and Planning Office.

> "The retail price will be maintained even when world oil prices head down,

> because we need to recoup the past gasoline price subsidies," he said.

HAhahahhahahahahahhahahahaha God those drivers of non-diesel cars are ######ED! Imagine some poor slob owning a Mazda Familia pickup these days. :-))) Or a Honda Dream motorcycle for that matter. .. TAX EM!!! And I get subsidized on my big 4x4 4 door pick-up as it's fortunately powered by a turbo-diesel engine. ;-)) Same for some pretty luxurious SUVs like the Toyota Sport Rider. Just lovely, this government.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Oh yes, I haven't even menioned the great idea of early closing times for gas stations... BRILLIANT!!!

Except... how is anyone going to drive a long distance up-country then? Oh wait, I see: When I drive from Chiang Mai to BKK overnight I will put a barrel of diesel in the back of the truck so I can refuel. Unfortunatley I don't have an Isuzu or Toyo D4D so I can't make it in one go without refuelling, but a big barrel of diesel oil in the back would nicely solve that.

Safety anyone.. Naaaaaaaaaaahhh This is Thailand!!!

Actually, with the current spending-bonus subsidy on diesel fuel, I'm very tempted to fill up a couple of big oil drums and park them in the back yard for times when the governement can't subsidize anymore.

Love it!!!!

Rak Taksin Mak Mak Loei!!!!

Cheers,

Chanchao