Pages Finish On Passport.what Happens?

Interesting question. The way I see it ....

If your country's embassy in Bangkok issues extra pages then you better nip up there right now. If not issue extra pages (like UK) then you must get a new passport. If no space left in your passport for Thai Immigartion to make next stamp then I guess you will have to leave Thailand when last stamp expires, and go to your home country as your can't get stamped in anywhere else.

Or maybe I'm wrong ... :o

If your country's embassy in Bangkok issues extra pages then you better nip up there right now.

Unfortunatly not.I have a friend that goes to Laos for his visa run and he has his pages finish.Immigration put 10 new pages on his passport and he has one week time to report to the Embassy this extrapages

I have also a friend of mine that some previous visa sticker detach and the immigration in Laos put the stamp on the page where there was the previous sticker.Do you think this is possible?

I wonder what happen if i have my passport pages finish with no space for a new visa stamp?

Your nationality would be useful to know :o

As others have noted some embassies add pages, some don't, if they don't it's time for a new passport from the embassy.

I wonder what happen if i have my passport pages finish with no space for a new visa stamp?

I guess you are lucky, in that you come from a country where they have educated

people issuing passports , who fill in the form for you :o

What a silly post !

Naka.

If your country's embassy in Bangkok issues extra pages then you better nip up there right now.

Unfortunatly not.I have a friend that goes to Laos for his visa run and he has his pages finish.Immigration put 10 new pages on his passport and he has one week time to report to the Embassy this extrapages

I have also a friend of mine that some previous visa sticker detach and the immigration in Laos put the stamp on the page where there was the previous sticker.Do you think this is possible?

It is possible. It is also very, very stupid, not to mention illegal. Never peel sticker-type visas out of your passport, never make any modification to your passport except for the one page where you can pencil in your home and foreign addresses and emergency contact information.

Could it be possible the OP is talking about loose leaf pages.

In the past some countries, for example Israel, would issue loose leaf pages stamped with the visa for people who for a number of reasons didn’t want a permanent record of their visit left in their passport.

I don’t know if this practice still exists and it could explain the extra pages.

If you are an American you can have the pages added in a few minutes. the embassy is on wireless road, easy walk from the bts. Im up to 96 on this pp. Cannot add UK pp.

From his post, I would guess that he is not a native english speaker.

Being from the US, I always get more pages added. Getting a bit thick at this point. My boss used to travel a lot and we went on a trip to Indonesia about a year ago. I mentioned that my passport was getting full. He took a look at it and said that I had plenty of room. I had 6 entry/exit stamps on each page. He handed me his, and he had at least 10 stamps on every page. Some stamped on top of others. It leads me to believe they could put many more of the stamps on a page without a problem. So if it is just a stamp you are worried about, they could find a place for it. Problem may be in having a blank page for a visa if you need one.

Passport Services

Passport Applications

The British Embassy Bangkok now issues both 32 & 48 page passports. Fees are given below.

If you do not live in the UK you may apply for a passport from your nearest Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. Alternatively, you may also apply to the Identity and Passport Service (IPS) in person whilst visiting the UK. In order to do this, you need to make an appointment with IPS in the UK and you must provide an address in the UK to which the passport may be posted. Applicants will have to be available at this address to sign for the receipt of the passport. Please note that IPS do not accept applications by post or e-mail if you live abroad.

Passport applications take 10 working days to process from the receipt of a correctly completed and paid for application. There is no fast-track service available. Applications are dealt with strictly in the order that they are received and are not prioritised, except for in the most compelling compassionate circumstances. It is therefore essential that you apply for your passport well in advance of your planned travel date.

We do not add or insert additional pages into a passport that is full. If your passport is full, you will need to apply for a replacement.

Requirements

* 2 recent identical photos (35mm x 45mm) The UK Passport Agency have strict guidelines on the quality of passport photographs. Photographs which do not meet the guidelines will not be accepted. Full details can be found at the UK passport website.

(We require two recent, colour photographs with white background)

* Completed form

* Current passport

* Consular fee

Fees (£1 = 72 Baht)

* 32 page passport = Bt. 8,568.00

* 48 page passport = Bt. 10,368.00

* Child's passport = Bt. 5,472.00

Your previous passport will be cancelled and returned to you unless it is being replaced due to damage, then it may be retained. It is your responsibility to ensure that any valid visas are transferred into the new passport by Thai Immigration/the relevant Embassy.

Payment by post (The exact amount only)

You can apply to renew a full or expired passport by post. You must ensure that the form is correctly filled in and that both the form and one of the photos have been countersigned. You must include your passport and can only pay in the following ways;

* Banker’s Draft plus Baht 200 administration fee

* Postal orders payable to ‘British Embassy’ to be cashed at Nana Post Office, Bangkok 10110 (Please note that online postal orders are not accepted)

To return passport by the Express Mail Service (EMS) please add 100 Baht for within Thailand or 500 Baht if it is to be returned to Laos.

• 2 weeks later...

Your nationality would be useful to know :o

As others have noted some embassies add pages, some don't, if they don't it's time for a new passport from the embassy.

I am Irish so how does that work out? please help as i only have one and a bit pages left and visa until 5/01/08.

thanks for any help!