My Hatari Fan Just Blew Up...

Sir_Sanuk

Hi,

It seems that in her eagerness to please my cleaner took my fan apart to clean it, but then didn't put it back together again properly - meaning that when I switched it on, it promptly exploded and the rotating blade is now lying in pieces around my apartment (thankfully not lodged somewhere inside me).

The rest of the fan is still in tact so all I need is a new blade. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just this part in Bangkok without having to buy a whole new fan?

It's a Hatari Digital Slide, stand-up fan...

(I have looked at www.hatari.co.th but there is no info on spare parts and I've sent them an email but not holding my breath for a reply).

Cheers for any help.

This won't give you immediate relief, but normally with Hitari it's the electrics that go bad. If you can wait a while, one of your neighbors will put one out with the trash. If that's too long to wait, you may find most makes of fans have interchangable blades and you can score one from the local electrical repair shop. Take the hub of the broken blade with you when you go for a test fit.

Hi,

It seems that in her eagerness to please my cleaner took my fan apart to clean it, but then didn't put it back together again properly - meaning that when I switched it on, it promptly exploded and the rotating blade is now lying in pieces around my apartment (thankfully not lodged somewhere inside me).

The rest of the fan is still in tact so all I need is a new blade. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just this part in Bangkok without having to buy a whole new fan?

It's a Hatari Digital Slide, stand-up fan...

(I have looked at www.hatari.co.th but there is no info on spare parts and I've sent them an email but not holding my breath for a reply).

Cheers for any help.

Take the reminants and give them to a moto taxi outside ya appartment along with about 150 baht + 100 for the trip, they'll probably sit around looking at each other like they've been asked to split the atom for a few mins but my guess is you'll have a new one within an hr...

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just this part in Bangkok without having to buy a whole new fan?

I also have Hatari fans and found a large selection of replacement fans at Tesco Lotus (though in Chiangmai). Shouldn't be a problem to find as one member mentioned, rather generic.

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the replies.. in case anyone is interested I went to Tesco Lotus in On Nut where they had a whole load of replacement blades for 89 baht.

cheers

I know it was a while ago, but do you recall if they stocked Hatari 18" blades? (quite large)

cheers

Thanks for the replies.. in case anyone is interested I went to Tesco Lotus in On Nut where they had a whole load of replacement blades for 89 baht.

cheers

I know it was a while ago, but do you recall if they stocked Hatari 18" blades? (quite large)

cheers

If you are near a homepro they do! just don't ask why I know. :o

Next time the sh*t hits the fan, tell the cleaning lady to leave it there!

By the way, what is the best brand of fan to get? I plan to get a new one. A couple of years ago I bought 2 really cheap fans (made in China), they lasted less than a month! I currently have a couple of Tory fans which I've had for a long time, but wonder if another brand is better.

By the way, what is the best brand of fan to get? I plan to get a new one. A couple of years ago I bought 2 really cheap fans (made in China), they lasted less than a month! I currently have a couple of Tory fans which I've had for a long time, but wonder if another brand is better.

well, if you leave the complicated tasks such as cleaning it to yourself and not your maid, the afforementioned hatari is quite reliable.

By the way, what is the best brand of fan to get? I plan to get a new one.

I've had Hatari for years, 18" table and 18" x 5' uprights, just about to buy 4 more.

***** service from Carrefour, On Nut.... spares from Lotus-Tesco.

• 1 year later...

I am looking for a replacement part for a 16" Hatari floor fan, specifically the plastic collar which holds the front and back grills together. I've been looking around (Bangkok, all the types of places mentioned in this thread)) for a while without success. Has anyone noticed any shops or areas which might have this part?

I am looking for a replacement part for a 16" Hatari floor fan, specifically the plastic collar which holds the front and back grills together. I've been looking around (Bangkok, all the types of places mentioned in this thread)) for a while without success. Has anyone noticed any shops or areas which might have this part?

Where are you from?

River Plaza in Nonthaburi has a cheap shop for this kind of thing.

Where are you from?

River Plaza in Nonthaburi has a cheap shop for this kind of thing.

85 baht at Amore in BigC in Chiangmai. THey only have red at the moment but it looks good on a green fan (If you are colour blind)

Edited by harrry

Supermarkets, DIY stores, and your local hardware/builders shop, bought one last week 38 baht, the Village hardware shop had 3 sizes, mine was middle size.

Carrefour sell them.

But anyone konw where I can get a new motor cover from?

PP, do you have an Amorn store down there in Pattaya?

The covers are available in Amorn here in Bkk.

WFM !.

I destroyed my 14" Hatari blade today but putting a table leg through the guard while it was on...

Tesco Lotus Pinklao only stock 16" spare blades 98 baht each suitable for Hatari and Philips.

Will check later at another Tesco store and report back...

Supermarkets, DIY stores, and your local hardware/builders shop, bought one last week 38 baht, the Village hardware shop had 3 sizes, mine was middle size.

Carrefour sell them.

But anyone konw where I can get a new motor cover from?

PP, do you have an Amorn store down there in Pattaya?

The covers are available in Amorn here in Bkk.

I think we do in Tuk.Com, I'll check it out at the weekend.

THANKS

As other's have said, you can get a replacement blade quite easily from any big store, or hardware store. When the motor gives up you can even get that repaired for about 100 baht or so. If you are really insistent on bring it back to life, you can even get the motor rewound at Ban Mor. Just do a search online and you'll find the info you need.