Thai G/f Needs New Passport......and A Divorce

I asked this question on another forum as well, but thought that the people over here might be able to shed some light on this quandary of mine.

So here's the story: My Thai g/f (of two years now) needs a new passport. The one she has now has two problems: a red deportation sticker from when she was deported from Korea for working illegally (shady boss's fault), and the last name she took of the Korean she "married" so she could come over here (to Korea) and work.

The whole situation was shady from the beginning. She came over here to work at a Thai massage place (professional - not a rub and tug joint) but the boss said that she had to be married to a Korean (on paper). So she changed her ID and got a passport with a Korean last name -- Kim. But a few months went by and the immigration police came into the shop and deported all the Thai girls (about 9 of them). The boss was fined and the girls had to go back to Thailand.

The problem is that now she has her ID and passport --- but with the last name of Kim. So if we were ever to get married or if she wanted to come stay with me in Korea then there's a problem, right? The shady Korean boss is still in Korea somewhere and has been promising the paperwork but it's been 7 months and she's starting to lose hope that he'll come through. She somehow needs to get a divorce from the Korean she "married" and to obtain a new passport and ID with her proper Thai name. Please tell me her options. Thanks.

If I have this right, the lady in question is Thai and has returned to Thailand. Can she not go to the closest Thai passport office and obtain a new passport based on her Thai identity documents and place of birth under her real name?

I'm not sure if she has any other documents besides the ID card that all Thais have, and unfortunately, it also has "Kim" as her surname. But I will ask if she has anything else.

If I have this right, the lady in question is Thai and has returned to Thailand. Can she not go to the closest Thai passport office and obtain a new passport based on her Thai identity documents and place of birth under her real name?

I'm not sure if she has any other documents besides the ID card that all Thais have, and unfortunately, it also has "Kim" as her surname. But I will ask if she has anything else.

I'm sure she'll also need a Tabien Baan (House Registration) to change her ID. She could look at the option of going to the amphur office and explaining the situation and requesting a divorce if it's possible without the hubby being there.

If somebody has been deported from somewhere, would it not require more than a new passport to erase the record ?

Well new name should do the trick :o hence OP's post .. It is extremely easy for thai to change name, & your gal, knows where she should go & what she should do, i sort of second backflip's reply., all i can tell be careful >> Very careful :D