Help And Advice Sought-seperating With Wife

slippery when wet

I am living in the UK but due to seperate shortly with wife but was wondering about the legality of the separation.

I am trying to protect myself financially and was thinking along the lines of if my Thai wife were to return to Thailand it would be more difficult for her to get her hands on my assets, ie property etc if we were to divorce.

I have two young children by her and will support them fully but am looking at damage prevention regarding my wife but not too sure of the legal implications of it all.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

I am living in the UK but due to seperate shortly with wife but was wondering about the legality of the separation.

I am trying to protect myself financially and was thinking along the lines of if my Thai wife were to return to Thailand it would be more difficult for her to get her hands on my assets, ie property etc if we were to divorce.

I have two young children by her and will support them fully but am looking at damage prevention regarding my wife but not too sure of the legal implications of it all.

Thanks

you loved her.. you married her.. and you had kids with her.. she is entitled to 50%. and if she takes on a good lawyer she will probebly get more.

dont be a cheap bugger and give her everything she deserves.

Thanks

you loved her.. you married her.. and you had kids with her.. she is entitled to 50%. and if she takes on a good lawyer she will probebly get more.

dont be a cheap bugger and give her everything she deserves.

He never said that ! :o

Naka.

"I am trying to protect myself financially"

You are looking to ship your wife out of the UK to deny her and your children the rights to which they are entitled.

Get her signed up here on TV so that we can give her the advice she needs to help protect her own future and the future of your kids.

OK that's my advice, now can you help with solving this anogram.

AMGCBSU

You guys are so quick to crucify. Maybe he married a monster. His mistake yes, but no reason why he shouldn't be looking at ways to cut her loose without having to cut off his left nut.

Or maybe when he married her she was a sweet innocent and now she has turned into a shrew after living in th UK for ? # of years. Maybe he has caught her cheating on him and can't see forking over a house for her an her new lover to live in. Then again it could be the other way around and he is the one wanting to get rid of the old bagage and trade her in on someone new. We have no way of Knowing.

No one knows the full story so why attack the OP?

That seems to be the standard response so much these days when it involves a guy that has a problem with a Thai girl. Next people will insult his manhood. They will say he deserved it. They will accuse him of lieing in his post.

I get real tired of it. Why can't people just take a poster at face value and give advice on the basis of what the poster posts.

That seems to be the standard response so much these days when it involves a guy that has a problem with a Thai girl. Next people will insult his manhood. They will say he deserved it. They will accuse him of lieing in his post.

I get real tired of it. Why can't people just take a poster at face value and give advice on the basis of what the poster posts.

so lets examine again the OP wrote down...

1.I am living in the UK but due to seperate shortly with wife. he is reffering to his wife which means they are legaly married.

2.I am trying to protect myself financially and was thinking along the lines of if my Thai wife were to return to Thailand it would be more difficult for her to get her hands on my assets, ie property etc if we were to divorce. so he wants to protect assets that by law are 50% hers by sending her to thailnd where it will be more difficult for her.

3.I have two young children by her and will support them fully but am looking at damage prevention regarding my wife

so he had 2 children with her and he will take care of them but he wants to deprive his wife of what is leagaly hers by using a nice term as

damage prevention.

based on the facts that were given by the OP we dont know as someone sugested if she is a "monster" a "cheater" or a "shrew"

We do know they have been married and that he has intentions of shipping her out as to deprive her of what is legaly hers.

As such the recomendation stands.... Be a MAN and pay her everything that she is entitled to and go around looking for leagalities to deprive her.

Some of you guys are so assuming and beat guys up who have actually come to the end of their teather in their relationship.

I have lost count of the times that I have tried to save our relationship but to no avail.

Get your facts right...........

1) I never married a bar girl.

2) I am not sending her back to thailand just for 'damage prevention' but also this is where she would be happier and for the sake of our children it is important that they have a Thai education and I will cover all costs for them to Learn English.

3) I am not trying to deprive her what is hers but was sincerely asking the question of what she was entitled to.

4) Gladly she also has land and property in Thailand which I have paid for so I'm nor the cheapscate that you take me for

Read and review before you accuse.

Some of you guys are so assuming and beat guys up who have actually come to the end of their teather in their relationship.

I have lost count of the times that I have tried to save our relationship but to no avail.

Get your facts right...........

1) I never married a bar girl.

2) I am not sending her back to thailand just for 'damage prevention' but also this is where she would be happier and for the sake of our children it is important that they have a Thai education and I will cover all costs for them to Learn English.

3) I am not trying to deprive her what is hers but was sincerely asking the question of what she was entitled to.

4) Gladly she also has land and property in Thailand which I have paid for so I'm nor the cheapscate that you take me for

Read and review before you accuse.

Something about being "fair" as far a both parties are concerned always goes well until money issues and lawyers get involved. I should know, I've "been there and done that" a couple of times. My only advice is to keep asking questions, and in the end, get a better attorney than the "ex." :o

Did you marry with a prenuptial agreement before you married ?

If not, try to work it out with your wife and play fair, also in the interest of your children. One day they will grow older and still love you....and their Mother. :o

LaoPo

Isn't it typical that people don't ask for this kind of advice before getting into disastrous relationships doomed to failure?

If only I'd listened to my mother (she had instinct, rest her soul) I could have saved about $200,000 by avoiding my first marriage.

Hi, under UK divorce law, you could be in for a big shock! Yes, 50% of your joint assets are likely to be given to her. But additionally, the party who looks after the children of the marriage is usually awarded the matrimonial home. That applies whether the home is a tin-shack or a million pound mansion. The partner with the children needs a home for them to live in, so that's why UK divorce often sees the husband thrown out of the family home...

If you legally own your own house together in the UK, then I'm not sure what are the implications if your wife returns to Thailand. Do you kids have UK nationality? If so, then I can see a whole range of government bodies getting involved to look after their welfare.

Simon

so lets examine again the OP wrote down...

1.I am living in the UK but due to seperate shortly with wife. he is reffering to his wife which means they are legaly married.

2.I am trying to protect myself financially and was thinking along the lines of if my Thai wife were to return to Thailand it would be more difficult for her to get her hands on my assets, ie property etc if we were to divorce. so he wants to protect assets that by law are 50% hers by sending her to thailnd where it will be more difficult for her.

3.I have two young children by her and will support them fully but am looking at damage prevention regarding my wife

so he had 2 children with her and he will take care of them but he wants to deprive his wife of what is leagaly hers by using a nice term as

damage prevention.

based on the facts that were given by the OP we dont know as someone sugested if she is a "monster" a "cheater" or a "shrew"

We do know they have been married and that he has intentions of shipping her out as to deprive her of what is legaly hers.

As such the recomendation stands.... Be a MAN and pay her everything that she is entitled to and go around looking for leagalities to deprive her.

You sure are free about other peoples assets, its always easy spending someone else's money I suppose.

To the OP : Consult a lawyer and find out how to best go about doing this, research and get a good one, it will pay off in the long run, in the meanwhile keep quiet about this. Taking care of your children will be a big concern, and hopefully you will do the right thing. In a divorce, its all about money, and who gets the most, hence the lawyer. I'm not sure Thailand would be the best place for your children to be, with a divorce and angry woman. You may want to look at raising them yourself in the UK.

Best of luck to you. It's quite natural for the OP to want to protect his assets. Since his concern is to take good care of children, handing these assets over to the former Mrs. may not be a good idea. In the end, as a previous poster suggested, you need a good lawyer to advise you on these matters.

Don't worry, the Courts will make sure she gets her share.

One could surmise the the OP has property with his soon-to-be ex-wife - that was secured in Thailand.

It's very common. If so, the purchase money was his, but, as is so often the case, the property chanod is in her name.

Though Thai law might state something to the effect of a 50/50 split - the reality is nearly always a split favorable to the ex-wife. If that's part of what he's facing, then he has legitimate concerns. In that case he should probably get a good Thai lawyer and hope he doesn't lose all his Thai investments with no compensation. It would help if he's over here in Thailand when things are being discussed. Trying to make arrangements from far away is frustrating at best.

i agree. sir u married her and had TWO kids with her. be a man and give her a nice giant settlement..

sounds like you know how to make more money. be happy you choose one who doesnt beat you up...........lol.

If an if she cheated on you or did not perform her "wifely" duties then by all means DON"T give her anything, she does not deserve it. if, however, she's been good and, and it simply is no longer working out, give her something. If she's an ex ho then give her nothing. Just my two cents. (except for kids allowance)

Edited by Flow

Good luck to the OP and his family. BTW, why is it important that your children get a Thai education? Yours is the first post that I've ever read that contained those words. I've heard the opposite many times.

Perhaps because it would be cheaper for him.

Advice to the wife.

File for divorce in the UK and get a settlement that includes attachement of earnings to ensure that his intrest in supporting his children doesn't disapear once they are verseas.

That's probably the advice her lawyer will give her too.

Good luck to the OP and his family. BTW, why is it important that your children get a Thai education? Yours is the first post that I've ever read that contained those words. I've heard the opposite many times.

Advice to the wife.

File for divorce in the UK and get a settlement that includes attachement of earnings to ensure that his intrest in supporting his children doesn't disapear once they are verseas.

I'm guessing he's never read any of Pira Sudham's books, which describe the Thai education system as "addling", crippling" and "maiming" the minds

of those unfortunate enough to have it inflicted on them. Still, some persevere. Chok Dee.

Advice to the wife.

I'm guessing he's never read any of Pira Sudham's books, which describe the Thai education system as "addling", crippling" and "maiming" the minds

of those unfortunate enough to have it inflicted on them. Still, some persevere. Chok Dee.

They get smart little uniforms though!

<br />"I am trying to protect myself financially" <br /><br />You are looking to ship your wife out of the UK to deny her and your children the rights to which they are entitled.<br /><br />Get her signed up here on TV so that we can give her the advice she needs to help protect her own future and the future of your kids.<br /><br /><br />OK that's my advice, now can you help with solving this anogram.<br /><br />AMGCBSU<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Is it an overcoat for an insect? bugs mac??