Calling Chiang Mai From Oz

husseinfatal

Hey guys thanks for all your help with my previous post about sending money to Chiang Mai!!!

I got a new one for u.......i currently call using my mobile for 39 AUS cents per min and sykpe is also pretty cheap but i see loads of ads about call cards that are really cheap.

Has anyone used any calling cards to call Thailand (mobile) that wont include 3 min rounding or dodgy service fees?

Thanks!!!!!!

Ed

I’ve previously used a cheap call service from the local video rental shop in Oz. It was a couple of years ago so things may have changed.

I paid over the counter and got a receipt with a long number on it. I could then use my phone to dial the number on the reciept followed by the Thai number. The service seemed good, cheap and they only charged for the time used.

It may be worth looking into to see if it’s cheaper than skype, callserve etc.

I got a new one for u.......i currently call using my mobile for 39 AUS cents per min and sykpe is also pretty cheap but i see loads of ads about call cards that are really cheap.

Skype is less than a cent a minute from Australia, what do you want, blood?

Hey guys thanks for all your help with my previous post about sending money to Chiang Mai!!!

Has anyone used any calling cards to call Thailand (mobile) that wont include 3 min rounding or dodgy service fees?

Thanks!!!!!!

Ed

As the previous contributer said Skype is just 1 cent a minute from OZ and that's pretty hard to beat. In fact if you are calling Skype to Skype not Skype to a land line, the call is absolutely free. Similar things can be done with Messenger, so it's just a question of telling your gf to be at a certain place at a certain time. As you are in OZ you could be 2 or 3 hours ahead - why don't you call around midnight OZ time and ask your girlfriend to be at a computer say 9 or 10 pm?