Thais In Britain-perceptions And Experiences

Rinrada

I can,t say that my Thai wife ever had a problem back home.

Same here.

Sorry guys, the downside to marrying a Thai girl regardless of background is that she may well be considered a whore back home. Often for good reason.

I previously had a large Thai restaurant in farangland, and yes my wife spoke with all the the Thai girls that came in with spouses in tow. And yes It was not a pretty picture overall, most, yes most, were just there for citizenship, rip off the husband for what they could and then go on to find a really rich guy to do the same again.

I was was married to a Thai, and hated the stereotype too, but it is unfortunately the (not all, but too many) Thai women that keep reinforcing it. My (ex) wife eventually got so disgusted with it that she stopped claimming to be Thai and said she was Chinese (she was Thai-Chinese). She was utterly ashamed to claim to be Thai outside of Thailand.

Make of these comments what you will.

Can't say have ever experienced the prejudice back home. Thailand sometimes yes. Then again even the stereotyping here is a very minor downside compared to all the lovely positives.

Ahh someone else who has experienced the stark light of reality!

Like I say sad but even sadder that it gets tarred to nearly all asian looking women with western husbands.

You'll no doubt be told your ex wife is bigot and hypocrit now . . . :o

Still haven't got it yet have you... The difference in the way Gravelhouse and his wife responded, compared to yourselves :D

Edited by AmericanGuy1066