Swimmng Pool Construction Required

johnbarpic

I am looking for advice on a decent contractor to come and build me a Pool in Sangkha, 60 km east of Surin.

Pool will be SW Chlorinated system, 8m x 9m with a 3m x 3m extra Jacuzzi section at one end, so basically L-Shaped and total 81 sq m.

Jacuzzi section used as steps into the pool.

Depth 1m in Jacuzzi side sloping to 1.6m at other side, also 20-30cm above ground to keep out the rubbish.

No bottom drains, simple one sided overflow design, with returns 0.5m below water level only.

One 2Hp Circulating/Filter pump and One High Pressure Jacuzzi Pump.

Underwater LED lighting, six units total.

There are no access issues or other ground problems to my knowledge.

I have just had a quote of ' UNBELIEVABLE' Thb per sq m to build the Pool only, no pumps, electrics or any above ground drain work at all.

Cheers, MH

Edited by MHayward

• 4 months later...

I have just posted this in answer to another question :

The best pool chap in Pattaya is a Thai called Khun Bee (can speak English) 081 781 2719

I would highly recommend Khun Bee on his great job doing my pool renovation. Thanks for giving his phone number. I just bought a house and need to change the tile which was black (I hate that colour) to the nice blue ocean colour. I am very happy with him, and he charge me with a very reasonable price. He did other job for me also such as built a fence, awning and electricy repairs. Jack of all trades!.

The job he done was OK. But after a few months, pvc pipe pump burst because water pressure and he unable to fix it . I have to call another company. very dissapointed.

I have just posted this in answer to another question :

The best pool chap in Pattaya is a Thai called Khun Bee (can speak English) 081 781 2719

I would highly recommend Khun Bee on his great job doing my pool renovation. Thanks for giving his phone number. I just bought a house and need to change the tile which was black (I hate that colour) to the nice blue ocean colour. I am very happy with him, and he charge me with a very reasonable price. He did other job for me also such as built a fence, awning and electricy repairs. Jack of all trades!.

The job he done was OK. But after a few months, pvc pipe pump burst because water pressure and he unable to fix it . I have to call another company. very dissapointed.

Most here don't use pipe cleaner so this is all too common as they don't clean off the silicon separator used in the pipe manufacture and that blocks good adhesion when connecting joints. Also it doesn't surprise me that he didn't have the skills to repair it either, it's a special skill set to locate and repair such a fracture that the average installer doesn't have..

I have repaired dozens of pools of substandard quality in Pattaya.

One recently at Residence 2 on the hill. They are extremely happy with the job.

Re-grout, re-pipe, new sand wash some extra tiles, new filtration and converted to salt chlorination.

It was a mess after only 5 yrs old. Large pool company owned by farang built it.

The Thai's quote low to get the job. But you get less steel and smooth not reo. 8.8 pvc not 13.5.

Chinese equipment that will need replacing with a year.

You get what you pay for!!!