Suggesttion For Washing Machines

New007

We had Electrolux Washer and seperate dryer, also Electrolux. Dryer drive belt broke and no replacement available. Washer drum supports broke twice and I ended up throwing both of them away. We now have a Samsung WA13QA, 11Kg capacity top loader that my wife loves. Cost about 20,000 Baht. Really clean clothes!

Top loaders of the Japanese design (almost all sold here) do not use paddles. They use very gentle water jet systems - you have a clear/clean tub. They are available in much larger sizes than non commercial front loaders (ours is 12KG).

For the plug problem - good luck finding adapters. I have not seen for the last year in the normal Home Pro places. They do have sockets that will mate with that type plug and fit normal outlet or surface mount type (which I installed).

:o My wife does all of our washing and we dont need a machine as she has "hands".

Downside is that she can be a little noisy with the scrubbing and disturbs my nap!

I'm hoping she wont "go wrong" as replacing her will mean a trip "outside" and disturb my routine..... being English, television and ball scratching is a full time occupation! :D

:D oop's ... Ive been told to tell you that this was just a joke, I apologise profoundly to any readers I may have offended, and that I will be a good boy from now on. :D

Anyone know where I can get a new washing mach........ ouch!!!

For the plug problem - good luck finding adapters. I have not seen for the last year in the normal Home Pro places. They do have sockets that will mate with that type plug and fit normal outlet or surface mount type (which I installed).

Yep! Went to three shops - one hardware and two big superstores - no luck. I even took a picture of the adaptor and socket from my PC screen (of Crossy's web page) and showed them using my camera. The hardware shop thought they had them, but no: "No hab."

So I bought a plug and will cut of the moulded Schuko plug and fit the 3 pin. (I checked the socket - the earth pin is connected to a green wire, which I hope is grounded somewhere.)

Yep! Went to three shops - one hardware and two big superstores - no luck. I even took a picture of the adaptor and socket from my PC screen (of Crossy's web page) and showed them using my camera. The hardware shop thought they had them, but no: "No hab."

So I bought a plug and will cut of the moulded Schuko plug and fit the 3 pin. (I checked the socket - the earth pin is connected to a green wire, which I hope is grounded somewhere.)

If you are in bangkok, the best place for spare / electronic is THE OLD SIAM ( DEMON ) perhaps you can give them a try !

If you are in bangkok, the best place for spare / electronic is THE OLD SIAM ( DEMON ) perhaps you can give them a try !

Too late! :D I just fitted the new plug - the machine is working fine.

I did notice a coiled up earth wire hanging from the back of the machine while I was doing this. It was clearly meant to earth the chassis. The end of this coil was already partially stripped, with the insulation still covering the very end. So I pulled off the insulation, twisted the strands to make it stiff and jammed it into the earth hole of the socket as I inserted the plug. Tomorrow I'll get another plug and attach it to this earth wire properly. There's a second socket I can stick it in.

The thing about washing machines is, they're usually wet, you put your hands inside to drag out wet clothes whilst leaning on the metal chassis, and all the time the thing is plugged into the mains! (A lot more dangerous than using a shaver in the bathroom, IMHO! :o )

I just bought an LG WD-80490 at emporium for 14000ish

front loader, and it works very well so far though it seems to not spin as much water out of the clothes as the top loaders i have used all my life until now. but it does a great job and it spares me from going to the ridiculous laundromat downstairs where the woman sits all day and does nothing - the machines are a mess, half are permanently broken and she runs out of water (for some reason - i think she uses rain water or something) so last week for the last time i went down and found the clothes sitting there stewing with soap all over them and no water - i went and bought a machine and am done with the place.

this woman is unbelievable, if she would put an hours effort a day into the place it would be clean and the machines would work and people would use it. but all she does is nag you to be back in an hour when the clothes are still 30 minutes from being done, so you can sit and watch i guess.

as it is many of the people in the building that gives her all her rapidly diminshing business are out buying machines like i did because the place is a dump - so hey all the power to her, its her business

Too late! :D I just fitted the new plug - the machine is working fine.

I did notice a coiled up earth wire hanging from the back of the machine while I was doing this. It was clearly meant to earth the chassis. The end of this coil was already partially stripped, with the insulation still covering the very end. So I pulled off the insulation, twisted the strands to make it stiff and jammed it into the earth hole of the socket as I inserted the plug. Tomorrow I'll get another plug and attach it to this earth wire properly. There's a second socket I can stick it in.

The thing about washing machines is, they're usually wet, you put your hands inside to drag out wet clothes whilst leaning on the metal chassis, and all the time the thing is plugged into the mains! (A lot more dangerous than using a shaver in the bathroom, IMHO! :o )

This may be a dumb question, but I've never had a front-loader, so here goes:

I assume that the door locks closed once the water level gets above the bottom of the door, right? (i.e. You can't open the door or the water will flood out.) So that precludes throwing in one last item of clothing after the machine starts filling with water?

With my top loaders, I often something else to wash after the water starts filling the tub and I simply lift the lid, toss in the new item, and close the lid. That's not possible with a front-loader is it? Or, is it?

I assume that the door locks closed once the water level gets above the bottom of the door, right? (i.e. You can't open the door or the water will flood out.) So that precludes throwing in one last item of clothing after the machine starts filling with water?

With my top loaders, I often something else to wash after the water starts filling the tub and I simply lift the lid, toss in the new item, and close the lid. That's not possible with a front-loader is it? Or, is it?

Correct - it's not possible to open the door of a front loader with it switched on and water inside. There's a switch that actives a door lock. I think it still operates with the machine off. You also have to wait a bit after it's finished spinning before the door lock is released. My old one gave an audible "click" so I knew when I could empty it.

The other problem I had with a front loader was the door seal leaking - had a small flood on a couple of occasions.

But the good thing is the heater - a 95 C wash certainly gets your undies clean! :o

Correct - it's not possible to open the door of a front loader with it switched on and water inside. There's a switch that actives a door lock. I think it still operates with the machine off. You also have to wait a bit after it's finished spinning before the door lock is released. My old one gave an audible "click" so I knew when I could empty it.

The other problem I had with a front loader was the door seal leaking - had a small flood on a couple of occasions.

But the good thing is the heater - a 95 C wash certainly gets your undies clean! :o

yea i was introduced to the concept of hot water wash in thailand unexpectedly first time i used the machine.

for years now i have taken clothes to a cleaner or recently used the laundromat downstairs myself - but it always had cold water. i used my new machine first time and the seting was for hot water automatically and i had mixed colours and whites and well you know...now i have some not so white whites.

oh well not too much damage, and now i am sure to check every time to be sure the water is cold - or the clothes are white. :D

Top loaders of the Japanese design (almost all sold here) do not use paddles. They use very gentle water jet systems - you have a clear/clean tub. They are available in much larger sizes than non commercial front loaders (ours is 12KG).

Need to update the plug adapter portion as noticed about 4 or 5 on wall of the newly opened Home Pro Latphao (standalone next to Lotus on the access road below Ram Indra Expressway) today so perhaps Home Pro has a new stock supply.