Air Asia 85% On Time?

jeebusjones

I was just looking on Air Asia's website and found this hilarious bar graph claiming that they were 85% on time in October. I've flown with them more than a dozen time and I've not once been on time. The average waiting time was 90 minutes, but sometimes more. Maybe I was just lucky. :o

Anyway, this graph made me chuckle.

http://www.airasia.com/site/th/en/page.jsp...manceStatistics

perSta07octTAA.gif

I was just looking on Air Asia's website and found this hilarious bar graph claiming that they were 85% on time in October. I've flown with them more than a dozen time and I've not once been on time. The average waiting time was 90 minutes, but sometimes more. Maybe I was just lucky. :o

Anyway, this graph made me chuckle.

http://www.airasia.com/site/th/en/page.jsp...manceStatistics

perSta07octTAA.gif

flown air asia at least 6 times this year alone ,not once did i take off on time :D

As for me, i've flown Air Aisa five times, and only once have they been on time (even that was a bit of a late take off in itself). All those flights have been on international routes.

I am really surprised by these claims of theirs, adding up all i have heard before, i would have imagined that the stats out to be under 50%. But perhaps, i am wrong. I look forward to reading other readers' experiences.

Edited by Stephen Cleary

I fly the Phuket-Bangkok-Phuket route every 3 months (for the last 3 years). For the first two years I flew AirAsia and was late every single time, once 2 1/2 hours late. That was the final straw. I refuse to fly with Air Asia and now alternate between Nok Air and Thai Air.

I suspect that, whenever they cancel a lightly-sold flight & throw everybody's travel-plans into disarray, this somehow fails to make it into the statistics. :o

This regularly affects us, flying CNX-BKK-HDY, such that we rarely end-up flying the flights which we originally booked.

Add one more to the list... My parents are flying in from Singapore tonight. I just got a call from them saying their flight has been postponed an hour and fifteen minutes. I highly doubt they'll make even that time, so looks like the 90 minute average wait from my experience is holding up.

Maybe that graph is a typo, and it's actually 85% late. You would think that doing the same flights everyday week in and week out they would finally have a grasp on the schedule. What could possibly be so unexpected or different every single day that they're always late?

Perhaps you should have read that page:

"In accordance with industry standards, an 'on-time' departure is one that departs from the designated bay no more than 15 minutes from the scheduled departure time."

Also note that: "departure time from the gate/stand" is not equal to "take-off time". That 80-85% figure is enterily believable.

Perhaps you should have read that page:

"In accordance with industry standards, an 'on-time' departure is one that departs from the designated bay no more than 15 minutes from the scheduled departure time."

Also note that: "departure time from the gate/stand" is not equal to "take-off time". That 80-85% figure is enterily believable.

Of course I read that. And if the flight was only 15 minutes late, I wouldn't complain. But perhaps you should have read my entire post, particularly the part where I explained that my average wait time has been 90 minutes. And I'm talking about inside the airport, not on the plane waiting on the runway. I usually don't mind that bit as I'm already on the plane and can just sit back and relax.

Edited by jeebusjones

Flew Air Asia four times BKK-Hadyai, each time the delay was an hour or more. So I guess the average of 90 min delay like another poster mentioned is correct.

Chose Nok Air this time to fly to Hadyai last week, they just called saying that the flight I chose canceled, so I had to choose another available flight and have to adjust my time schedule :o

Wish I can charge them for the reschedule as they do if I was the one wanting the change :D

Nope they indeed know not the meaning of *on time*.

My flight which is scheduled to depart at 8.40pm has now been *retimed* to 11.30pm and yes, I'm at the aiport terminal now, twiddling my thumbs and trying to get to pissed off coz I've been warned, haven't I?

Thanks to all you folks who were kind enough to share your experience with AA and let me assure you, you've been duly vindicated for I am living proof that AA is not beyond making their passengers wait for a good long-ass 3 hours for a delayed flight. :o

Gonna grab a latte now. After all I do still have another 1 more to go...and there's only so much DFS shopping I can do, owing to a lack of deep pockets and whatnot.

I've flown with AirAsia about one hundred times over the past several years. I would say that 85% to 90% on-time performance sounds about right to me.

Yeah I agree with that. I did fly with them about 20 times this year only, but since the other budget airlines moved back to Don Muang, they have NEVER been late, no matter if it was an AK or FD flight number. in about 30% of the cases, they were even AHEAD of scheduled departure time.

I wonder if those reports by other TV-members are actually experiences year 2007, or long time before....

things have changed completely since opening Suwannaphum and the other airlines moving back to Don Muang.

In many cases, delay is not the fault of AirAsia (or other Airlines), its just that a few stupid morons show up late at the departure gate and the plane - already prepared to take off - has to wait for them