Building Codes?

I live in a nice village with large, single story houses. i have a 2.5 meter wall around it for privacy. my farang neighbor has decided to build a guest house on his property, none of my business but...... he is building right up to the property line. can he do that legally as long as no part goes over the line or is there a setback rule as in the western world? the biggest problem is he has decided to raise the floor level 1 meter off the ground making my 2.5 meter wall in effect 1.5 meters high. he can now stand in his guest house and deck and look into my property causing me to lose my privacy. i cannot plant it out that high since my pool is close to that wall. can he do this legally or is there a code against building up to our common wall.

Generally his building should be no closed than 2m from his plot boundary.

But there's a difference apparently between a building and a structure (don't ask me what!)

What's to stop you putting another 1m on your common wall? And is it indeed a common wall? If you built first and it is inside your plot line (or on it?) doesn't the wall belong to you?

Generally his building should be no closed than 2m from his plot boundary.

But there's a difference apparently between a building and a structure (don't ask me what!)

What's to stop you putting another 1m on your common wall? And is it indeed a common wall? If you built first and it is inside your plot line (or on it?) doesn't the wall belong to you?

the structure or building is a guest house

the common wall was built by the village developer and the property line is the center of it

i can raise the wall but dont want to since 2.5 meters will keep my privacy as long as he isnt building a tower close to the property line in a one story village. another meter will feel like a prison and be way out of scale

there are guidelines about distance. but there is also corruption that will look the other way in the land dept.

act sooner than later.

In BKK there is. But one property owner I knew complained to no avail. The official helped the violating neighbor and documented that it was grandfathered as it was built prior to year xxxx. Who'd have document on the construction in his case? The building which was built right up to the fence still stands today.

I suggest OP build a small viewing tower, 3.5m high, overlooking his neighbor's property, if the neighbor proceeds with his plan..

This is inexpensive to build and may help make the neighbor change his mind.