Where's Our Rubbish Skip?

NanLaew

While I was away on business, the green, 4-wheeled garbage skip that the city has provided at the end of our soi on Soi Potisan has disappeared. There is a handwritten sign attached to the nearest power pole that says (in Thai) 'Don't leave your rubbish here'.

There's been a skip here for years, certainly since they started providing them. The neighbours are clueless so is there a number or better still an office that enquiries can be made? I reckon that maybe some of the new construction down the street have lifted it as there's 3 skips, way down the street beside the new shophouses being built and they are always full. I think there's a fine, maybe B2000 baht for knicking them?

The mystery has been solved. The skip was moved by... a FARANG!!!

One of the local nanny's said the other day 'a farang took it' but I took that with a pinch of salt. However, today the whole story was revealed. Apparently some new farang in the 'hood wants to park his car right where the skip has been for the past +15 years or so. First of all, he moves it 50m down the street before someone (the city garbage truck guys?) moved it back. Then, last week he apparently pushed it inside someones front drive. That driveway belonged to a business and they called the relevant authorities and the skip was moved way down the street.

But the neighbours have rallied and have spoken with the city fathers and lodged a request for the skip to be returned to where it has served the local population since time began (almost).

In the meantime, I am watching that corner to see what car is always parked where the skip used to be. Once identified, I hope it's a pickup so I can dump my 10 days of garbage in the back! Bloody arrogance of some of these newbies on the block!

I was coming back from the laundry yesterday morning and witnessed the girls on an orange city garbage truck delivering a brand new garbage skip to it's rightful position!!! That was a fast response from city hall.

I think it's going to be a nice weekend after all.