Earth Science

Ronald1947

Hello!

I have a BS, MS, and Doctor of Geological Sciene Degree in Geology. Are there opportunities for teaching Earth Science in Thailand? I have some teaching experience at the Junior and College level in teaching Earth Science. Any information that can be provided is welcome.

Thank you,

Ronald

Earth science is part of the general science curriculum at the M1-3 level (junior high school) and a brief part of the physics curriculum at the M4-6 level (high school). I'm sure any high school EP program would be happy to have you; however, you will be grossly over-qualified. As I've mentioned frequently, your qualifications only increase the likelihood that you will get any particular job- they do not affect the salary on offer very much.

You may be able to find a role at the university level here- even doing research and consulting as well as teaching- but you should be aware that it does not pay very much compared to the high school level. However, there are opportunities for well-paid hourly work at that level (editing papers, tutoring grad. students, teaching extra classes, etc.).

Let us know how it works out.

"S"