Apec Business Travel Card For Long Term Stay

Hi.

I'm currently staying in Thailand on one year type-O visas, but also qualify for an APEC Business Travel Card. I don't work in Thailand so don't need a work permit and do not qualify for a B visa.

Can anyone speaking from experience confirm there are no problems for someone resident in Thailand using the 90 day entry this card grants? I'm mainly concerned about Thai immigration getting shirty or refusing entry on a border run if I have been staying in Thailand for 9+ months with only occasional short trips OS. The other threads I've seen on this didn't seem to address this particular topic.

I have to make at two trips per year for work (generally to the UK or USA) lasting 2-3 weeks, and 2-3 day-or-weekend trips per year. Last year on my type O I had to make one border run when the numbers didn't run out to avoid a 1 week overstay.

Does anyone know if the land borders know and understand about this card?

Anyone think of advantages or disadvantages to switching from O visas to the APEC card? I know it works out quite a bit cheaper for me and get to queue jump at airports.

Hi.

I'm currently staying in Thailand on one year type-O visas, but also qualify for an APEC Business Travel Card. I don't work in Thailand so don't need a work permit and do not qualify for a B visa.

Can anyone speaking from experience confirm there are no problems for someone resident in Thailand using the 90 day entry this card grants? I'm mainly concerned about Thai immigration getting shirty or refusing entry on a border run if I have been staying in Thailand for 9+ months with only occasional short trips OS. The other threads I've seen on this didn't seem to address this particular topic.

I have to make at two trips per year for work (generally to the UK or USA) lasting 2-3 weeks, and 2-3 day-or-weekend trips per year. Last year on my type O I had to make one border run when the numbers didn't run out to avoid a 1 week overstay.

Anyone think of advantages or disadvantages to switching from O visas to the APEC card? I know it works out quite a bit cheaper for me and get to queue jump at airports.

If you are not working in Thailand and work < 6 weeks a year, in the UK and US, I don't know how you would qualify for the APEC card. I believe on of the requirements of the card is that you need it for doing trade business in the APEC region, which the UK is not part of, and the US does not take part in the APEC card scheme.

You must have a need to travel frequently (3 or more trips per year) for trade and investment related business purposes to the economies participating in the APEC Business Travel Card scheme.

Hi.

The card is definitely NOT for individuals just wanting an alternate means of immigration. When I got my card it was sponsored by a large multi national with lots of trade in the APEC region(I actually needed mine for China when I got it as I have a Non B + WP in Thailand)

What are you business circumstances that would allow you to qualify ?

If you do qualify, then it is essentially akin to a 3 year multi entry visa in Thailand, 90 days permit of stay each entry, non extendable (meaning after 90 days you have to do a border run) , you can not work in Thailand as you have to have a Non Imm visa to get a work permit. But you do get to use the Official lanes at the airport where the immy officers are very polite :o

And of course there are all the other participating APEC nations that it can be utilized in.