Avoid "fare Deals" / "dial-a-flight"

Trevor

1) Their search engine produces fares for which there is no seat availabity on your specified dates.

2) They try to pressure you into a date you don't want.

3) They then ask what you are going to do.

4) When you politely thank them and say you'll keep them in mind, they say, "PLEASE DON'T CALL ME BACK" and hang up.

Ebookers and Expedia are much better. Even though you may be dealing with a Pakistani in Leicester or an Indian in New Delhi, at least they are polite, unlike the English trash at Fare Deals.

Don't forget you are paying 8 pence per minute on these companies' 0870 enquiry lines from 8 am to 6 pm. Ebookers has a free online callback service. Expedia has a 0116 (Leicester) number listed for overseas callers. Use it and save yourself 5 pence per minute! Basically 0870 numbers are a scam between BT and merchants to rip-off customers making simple sales enquries. North Americans, with their toll-free customer service numbers, must laugh at this practice.

Better still, get the ###### out of ripoff UK on a one-way ticket and buy returns in Bangkok!

Their search engine produces fares for which there is no seat availabity on your specified dates.

This statement is true.Their website is only a scam to get you to ring them.

Having said that, I've used dialaflight quite a lot in the past and have got as good a deals as anywhere else-even on a high season urgent flight-and have never been pushed onto a date that I didn't specify.But there again I usually travel in the low season.

I'll be hunting around more next time though,e.g. westeasttravel.

Getting back to dialaflight.I'm not sure if this is good or bad.But they say that they won' book you on any airline that has anything nearing dodgey track record.