It Is Too Cold

moo9

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will I need long drawers ?

weather in Germany last weak: http://www.weatherservice.de/html/wochengrafik.html

some days, the ice on outside water was thick as a finger ! Cold November this year.

In 8 days, I will go to chilly Thailand ! Will I need long drawers ?

( Just to remind you: In Northern/middle Europe you need drawers (long one) to resist the cold !)

I woke up this morning around 8 a.m., to a house temp of 16. Put on two shirts and a jacket. I just spent time warming my bones in the sunlight (what's that line about the English cold - Jethro Tull, or Pink Floyd?). Our blood thins out in the tropics, even if we only move from Chicago (42 degrees north of the Equator) to San Antonio, Texas (29 degrees).

• 2 weeks later...
I miss those cool nights we had last week already.

I really hope we have a few more weeks like that before winter is through.

Me too! lot hotter today - I also miss the rain! good downpour once a week would be nice :o

Yup.... winter is here!

Strange 25 degrees and we call it cold? :bah:

We are going to the UK for xmas and new year...and its 8 degrees warm and 5 degrees at the cold end. NOW that's COOOOOOOOOLD. :o

Need to dig out the thermals :D

You think 25C Cold! HA!! Where I am in CM its a lovely 10C. Great weather to snuggle

:D :D :D

I feel quite sorry for you poor s@ds freezing out there. I'm sitting here, it's 1 am in the UK and the outside temp has just dropped to a nice balmy -5C.

Still only 38 days till we fly to BKK...............not that I'm eager you understand.

I think the Jethro Tull is from Aqualung as follows:

Sitting on a park bench

eyeing little girls with bad intent.

Snot running down his nose

greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.

Drying in the cold sun

Watching as the frilly panties run.

Feeling like a dead duck

spitting out pieces of his broken luck.

Sun streaking cold

an old man wandering lonely.

Taking time

the only way he knows.

Leg hurting bad,

as he bends to pick a dog-end

he goes down to the bog

and warms his feet.

Feeling alone

the army's up the rode

salvation a la mode and

a cup of tea.

Aqualung my friend

don't start away uneasy

you poor old sod, you see, it's only me.

Do you still remember

December's foggy freeze

when the ice that

clings on to your beard is

screaming agony.

And you snatch your rattling last breaths

with deep-sea-diver sounds,

and the flowers bloom like

madness in the spring.

Ian Anderson's first wife wrote the lyric apparently.

Yup.... winter is here!

Strange 25 degrees and we call it cold? :D

We are going to the UK for xmas and new year...and its 8 degrees warm and 5 degrees at the cold end. NOW that's COOOOOOOOOLD. :o

5 Deg at the cold end sorry to have to tell you this but it was minus 4 last night in the UK now its 8 deg at 11.54 am sunny

SNOW predicted for Xmass

Yup.... winter is here!

We are going to the UK for xmas and new year...and its 8 degrees warm and 5 degrees at the cold end. NOW that's COOOOOOOOOLD. :D

5 Deg at the cold end sorry to have to tell you this but it was minus 4 last night in the UK now its 8 deg at 11.54 am sunny

SNOW predicted for Xmass

<deleted> that.

Loads of sun, booze, and birds, for me. :o

Yup.... winter is here!

SNOW predicted for Xmass

Ah well Global Warming kicking in - get used to it

I really do not know what you guys in Pattaya are whingging about?

Just looked out of the window, it is a hard frost again here in the UK, I have to spend time out in the cold defrosting my car before I can move it.

As the forcast here in the UK is it is going to get colder over the next few days, I just want to phone in sick, dive back into my warm bed and dream of Pattaya.

BB

Sheesh, got pretty chilly up in Chiang Mai this last week. Was up there for the bike week and camping out at a lake front campground. Temperatures got down to around 16 ! Had to use two blankets (and my teerak) to keep warm ! :o

Much better back here in Pattaya now, though the humidity has gone up considerably since I left.

just had a week in chaiyaphum bloody freezing overnight and early morning ,im no pussy but due to countersunk penis syndrome i bought an electric shower was the coldest ive known in 8 yrs in thailand. my penis is now back to its normal state by the way.

I really do not know what you guys in Pattaya are whingging about?

Just looked out of the window, it is a hard frost again here in the UK, I have to spend time out in the cold defrosting my car before I can move it.

As the forcast here in the UK is it is going to get colder over the next few days, I just want to phone in sick, dive back into my warm bed and dream of Pattaya.

BB

it's the same every year on TV around this time - moaning about the 'cold'. :o

these are the temps I will be looking forward to in NE scotland this weekend:

Sat

Low: 1° High: 4°

Sun

Low: 1° High: 2°

now, that's cold.

After a nice cool period of a few days it's been roasting hot in Pattaya for over a week. Not good with 7 baht per unit electricity and you have to leave the aircon on all day and night.

Try keeping your aircon set between 25 and 28 C...and invest in some fans. That should drop the humidity enough to make it comfortable for you and save on your bill.

• 3 weeks later...