7 Day Visa Extension?

I called immigration today and the girl mentioned something about a 7 day extension, they are closed now but I need to do something tomorrow. What is this 7 day extension, is it free? Given on an initial 30 day visa.

If they give you another 7 days you will need 2 passport size photos, fill the form in they will give you and pay them 1,900 Baht.

All extensions cost 1900 Baht irrespective of length.

The 7 day extension of a 30 day visa exemption will probably only be given if you can show your flight out within the 7 day period.

Ugh, may as well go for the 30 day. What happens if I stay here 31 or 32 days and then take a bus out, that's the next option as I would need at an extra day to prepare. My 30 days is up tomorrow but I'd like to see Cambodia and Vietnam. If staying an extra day is a big deal then tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. Would they even know?

All extensions cost 1900 Baht irrespective of length.

The 7 day extension of a 30 day visa exemption will probably only be given if you can show your flight out within the 7 day period.

Ugh, may as well go for the 30 day. What happens if I stay here 31 or 32 days and then take a bus out, that's the next option as I would need at an extra day to prepare. My 30 days is up tomorrow but I'd like to see Cambodia and Vietnam. If staying an extra day is a big deal then tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. Would they even know?

You would probably get stopped on the bus or at the border and arrested.

And with an overstay stamp - even if you make it to the border - you may not be allowed to enter Cambodia. The following is direct quote from Thai Immigration web site at Aranyaprathet:

Note: If you have paid the overstay fine and are stamped out of Thailand, the Cambodian Immigration could reject entry and send you back to Thailand without stamping you in and out of Cambodia. In this case the Thai Immigration will have to send you to Immigration Bureau in Bangkok for investigation/interrogation/deportation.

- Cambodian Immigration could reject entry for different reasons. This is nothing to do with Thai Immigration.

*** Please note that if you are on the way to the border, police or immigration officers can check your passport, and if you are found to have overstayed your visa they will arrest you and send you to the nearest police station, and then to court.

I thought that it was no big deal to overstay up to 30 days at 500baht overstay fee per day? Hmm, rather not pay the 1900 baht if I can avoid it since I want to head to Cambodia anyways, just that tomorrow is really short notice. I have things to do here tomorrow and won't be in Bangkok until minimum 5pm. Are there buses that leave to Cambodia this late?

I thought that it was no big deal to overstay up to 30 days at 500baht overstay fee per day? Hmm, rather not pay the 1900 baht if I can avoid it since I want to head to Cambodia anyways, just that tomorrow is really short notice. I have things to do here tomorrow and won't be in Bangkok until minimum 5pm. Are there buses that leave to Cambodia this late?

I think I would rather pay 1,900 Baht than end up inthe Immigration Detension Center.

I think I would rather pay 1,900 Baht than end up inthe Immigration Detension Center.

Well that's not going to happen, I'll either pay the 1900 baht or be out of here tomorrow, I just rather be out of here tomorrow if night time travel is a possibility. I think the only other option would be to cancel my appointment tomorrow and head to Bangkok tonight and get on a Cambodia bound bus early tomorrow. How late do the buses from Pattaya to Bangkok run until?

Edited by 1stbase