Pattaya Property Up Down Or Sideways

2906colin

any info about the property in pattaya.i was wondering if the value of property has gone up in the past year?

i dont think anything has gone up anywhere in thailand ,if anything its gone down slightly.

How about petrol and construction materials? What does that mean? It means that future cost of assets that are dependent on use of fuel is likely to go up. How high? Depending on abilitiy of consumers to pay.

Condo market still buoyant, housing market dead, according to one leading property agent I was talking to recently!

Some people are still asking silly money for there properties! Sure there are some bargains to be had.

any info about the property in pattaya.i was wondering if the value of property has gone up in the past year?

i dont think anything has gone up anywhere in thailand ,if anything its gone down slightly.

where you live lazeeeboy is obviously under a rock

I rent a house in Suwattana Garden in soi nernplubwaan and have stayed here for 2 years, there have been houses up for sale here for these 2 years and absolutely none have shifted, I would say about 50% of the houses in the village are for sale with prices ranging from 3 million to 21 million baht.

I think anybody buying a house in Pattaya as an investment should be wary as the when the time to sell comes you won't be finding many locals lining up to bay at falang prices and there doesn't seem to be too many falangs lining up either.

Any property you buy in Thailand is probably best bought with money you are not too worried about losing some of, I think those looking to make a quick buck will be dissapointed with the Pattaya property market.

I rent a house in Suwattana Garden in soi nernplubwaan and have stayed here for 2 years, there have been houses up for sale here for these 2 years and absolutely none have shifted, I would say about 50% of the houses in the village are for sale with prices ranging from 3 million to 21 million baht.

I think anybody buying a house in Pattaya as an investment should be wary as the when the time to sell comes you won't be finding many locals lining up to bay at falang prices and there doesn't seem to be too many falangs lining up either.

Any property you buy in Thailand is probably best bought with money you are not too worried about losing some of, I think those looking to make a quick buck will be dissapointed with the Pattaya property market.

That is from what i hear and see very good advice, a friend of mine bought 2 years ago and just had a valuation for sale from 2 agents at 300.000 less than he paid, and the purchase price when bought was only 1.3 !,.,we rent and went to look at a property that has been for rent for 2 years since it was built,.they originally wanted 50000 a month, very nice place but rural, 2 the same actually,. my wife went off the boil as the security was not so good, the agent rang the owner in front of us and dropped to 15 a month, !,these could be bought right i know, .i think possibly a negative could be turned into a positive for buyers, however for sellers, scary,.

Condos that can legally owned by a farang are still going up in price. I attribute this to the insane pricing of new projects and the concern that the massive new projects will fold and never be finished. I would never advise anyone to buy pre-construction nor would I advise anyone to buy for an investment. If you are buying and intend to live there for the foreseeable future it really shouldn't make much difference what the prices do. Buy what you like and can afford to buy. You know you have a place and you know what your expenses are. I bought mainly for peace of mind.

Condos that can legally owned by a farang are still going up in price. I attribute this to the insane pricing of new projects and the concern that the massive new projects will fold and never be finished. I would never advise anyone to buy pre-construction nor would I advise anyone to buy for an investment. If you are buying and intend to live there for the foreseeable future it really shouldn't make much difference what the prices do. Buy what you like and can afford to buy. You know you have a place and you know what your expenses are. I bought mainly for peace of mind.
Good advise again gary, my uncle asked me about this and i said the same thing, if you want some security and prefer to buy then do so, but dont forget this is not the uk where you will /or should put it up for sale in say 2 years and get a profit,.who can tell...

So True! I have had a house with various agents for over 2 years now, on a nice development, the price is what I have in it - not trying to make a profit, so far there have been Zero inquires - luckily it has been rented out

What really seemed to kill the market here was when they changed the visa rules and regulations.

name='CGW' date='2007-12-05 15:01:15' post='1688816']

So True! I have had a house with various agents for over 2 years now, on a nice development, the price is what I have in it - not trying to make a profit, so far there have been Zero inquires - luckily it has been rented out

What really seemed to kill the market here was when they changed the visa rules and regulations.

That sure did not help.

Plus the over pricing is just a joke now.

had a drive around today and i cant understand the amount of new buildings going up

and new projects all over pattaya and jomtien.

over supply or what.

Uhh the marked is so terrible

Ahh the marked is going down

*whine whine whine*

I bought a Condo in March this year for 9½ mill and sold it 2 months ago for 13½ mill bath

And Raimon land sold out their NorthPoint south tower (prices from 6 mill to 30 mill) even before the foundation was finished.

So yes, it must be very terrible and going down :-D

*whine whine whine*

I bought a Condo in March this year for 9½ mill and sold it 2 months ago for 13½ mill bath

And Raimon land sold out their NorthPoint south tower (prices from 6 mill to 30 mill) even before the foundation was finished.

Presumably this is meant as an argument in support of the thesis that the property market is buoyant and all who enter it will be handsomely rewarded ?

Mmmm...bit like a survivor of a plane crash saying that the disaster killing others less fortunate was exaggerated simply because he didn't die.

Still, intellectual strength was never much of a requirement for an estate agent. :o

*whine whine whine*

Presumably this is meant as an argument in support of the thesis that the property market is buoyant and all who enter it will be handsomely rewarded ?

Mmmm...bit like a survivor of a plane crash saying that the disaster killing others less fortunate was exaggerated simply because he didn't die.

Still, intellectual strength was never much of a requirement for an estate agent. :o

Could Mr. DonTron be Mr. Skittles? Just asking :D

name='CGW' date='2007-12-05 15:01:15' post='1688816']

That sure did not help.

Plus the over pricing is just a joke now.

had a drive around today and i cant understand the amount of new buildings going up

and new projects all over pattaya and jomtien.

over supply or what.

Makes you wonder if they know something we dont dosent it ??,. im told there will be a massive russian invasion and investment ! :o

*whine whine whine*

Ahh, thats where the mistakes were made, the properties under 6 mill are no good,who wants peasants quarters eh :o

List it with dontron, hes having it off apparantly ! :o

There are untold properties being developed - many sitting empty, waiting for the influx?

What makes the situation stranger is the number of large building suppliers that have established themselves here over the past five years, do they know something we don't? :o

Edited by CGW

I do not know through what part of his anatomy speaks the gentleman living in Suwattana Garden, but his assertion that nearly 50% of the properties in that excellent estate are up for sale. As I myself have a property there, I took the trouble to go and check his information. There are 148 houses on the estate. Of these 17 are up for sale of which a few are up for sale or rent. 17 out of 148 represents about 11%, not 50%. AS for the rest of his remarks, I do not entirely disagree. With every Tom, Dick or Harry with a few Tarang Wah of land, hoping, or in the process of building something on which they hope to retire and live for ever, many are going to catch, not so much a cold as Asian Flu. I would recommend anyone to buy on an already developed estate. where all the teething troubles have been sorted out, and not find out the hard way the drawbacks that await.

I do not know through what part of his anatomy speaks the gentleman living in Suwattana Garden, but his assertion that nearly 50% of the properties in that excellent estate are up for sale. As I myself have a property there, I took the trouble to go and check his information. There are 148 houses on the estate. Of these 17 are up for sale of which a few are up for sale or rent. 17 out of 148 represents about 11%, not 50%. AS for the rest of his remarks, I do not entirely disagree. With every Tom, Dick or Harry with a few Tarang Wah of land, hoping, or in the process of building something on which they hope to retire and live for ever, many are going to catch, not so much a cold as Asian Flu. I would recommend anyone to buy on an already developed estate. where all the teething troubles have been sorted out, and not find out the hard way the drawbacks that await.

with regard to this estate,fine as it is ,two years ago we offered 30,000 bhat a month for a property advertised at 50000 ,we were turned down ,two years later it is still empty ,since then we have rented a larger house for 30k which as i have signed a new contract has been reduced to 28000, on driving around said estate most of the houses we saw empty 2 years ago still are.

i also have a friend who is an estate agent and he has not sold a house for at least a year ,although condos do sell,

quote]

with regard to this estate,fine as it is ,two years ago we offered 30,000 bhat a month for a property advertised at 50000 ,we were turned down ,two years later it is still empty ,since then we have rented a larger house for 30k which as i have signed a new contract has been reduced to 28000, on driving around said estate most of the houses we saw empty 2 years ago still are.

i also have a friend who is an estate agent and he has not sold a house for at least a year ,although condos do sell,

I live next to what I think is the biggest house on this estate which has been for sale all the time I've been here, up for 21 million or 20 million depending which estate agents website you look at, one website

http://www.rosegate-consulting.com/propert...ttaya-mansion-9

even has the balls to say that viewing is highly recommended as this won't be available for long ????? I've been here 2 years and it most certainly is still available and even though I have seen people looking there have never been any takers.

There are certainly a lot of empty houses on this estate though I don't know about occupancy rates on other estates.

on our estate one house in particular has been for sale for 4 years ,at 15.50 mill 14.00 mill now 10.00 mill ,we in fact pay the gardeners to keep it neat !! you could put it up at 5.00 mill and it still wouldnt sell,and believe me its a big house ,its also not the only one for sale ,nothing has sold for years.

exactly three years ago we were interested in a home which was advertised for 18.5 million, took a look at it with an agent and asked whether we could offer ~15 million. the agent was high and mighty and claimed that most probably the quoted price won't be accepted by the owner (living abroad) and increased to 20 million. the home is still for sale and offered for 12.9 million :o

exactly three years ago we were interested in a home which was advertised for 18.5 million, took a look at it with an agent and asked whether we could offer ~15 million. the agent was high and mighty and claimed that most probably the quoted price won't be accepted by the owner (living abroad) and increased to 20 million. the home is still for sale and offered for 12.9 million :o

This sort of thing happens a thousand times over in every country on earth. A cocky owner and an estate agent with an ego will always blow a good deal and its hardly indicative of the overall market. That's the beauty of real estate some will pay way over while others will seemingly get a steal

In real estate there are two types of buyer, the one who loves the place , location and wants to live there- They pay top dollar

Then the guys looking for a deal- they wont

Why anyone would risk 300k UK for a place they dont really own is oddm but not if you have lots of 300ks then its like a beer.....