Invest In What Property

I'm looking to help a friend find a suitable condo to invest in. He is looking to put about 10.000.000thb.

Can anyone with some insight give some hints as to what complex might be a good investment for appreciation and easily finding a tenant.

Should be in the Sukhumvit area. Of course there are hundreds of condo complexes, but some should probably be better than others..?

Any advice apprecited.

Thanks

I'm looking to help a friend find a suitable condo to invest in. He is looking to put about 10.000.000thb.

Can anyone with some insight give some hints as to what complex might be a good investment for appreciation and easily finding a tenant.

Should be in the Sukhumvit area. Of course there are hundreds of condo complexes, but some should probably be better than others..?

Any advice apprecited.

Thanks

Try 1Rai.com - the forum sponsors - http://www.1rai.com/Thailand-Real-Properti.../Bangkok_1.aspx

Also try reputable agents who have portfolios of condos which they can show to you - much more than a typical Thaivisa.com user can know about, that's their job. You can find many agencies on 1Rai.com to deal with; I would advise dealing with the ones that offer you the most professional service.

Thank, but looking at different agent's websites doesn't really tell if it's a good property or not..

I'm more looking for independent advice as to what buildings might have the best potential for good appreciation like The Lakes or similar.

I know from reading the different topics here that there are a couple of people with a great deal of insight in the property market and might be agents.

Will see if someone else has any ideas.

Thanks

Having been reading this forum for over one year there is one member that consistently gives good and honest advice regarding property investment.

I suggest that you select 'Irene' in the Members tag on the top bar and trawl your way through Irene's previous posts to get a good feel for the Bangkok property market. This should answer (and probably raise) a lot of your questions.

Having been reading this forum for over one year there is one member that consistently gives good and honest advice regarding property investment.

I suggest that you select 'Irene' in the Members tag on the top bar and trawl your way through Irene's previous posts to get a good feel for the Bangkok property market. This should answer (and probably raise) a lot of your questions.

Thanks I'll have a look

Any advice apprecited.

Thanks

Try 1Rai.com - the forum sponsors - http://www.1rai.com/Thailand-Real-Properti.../Bangkok_1.aspx

Also try reputable agents who have portfolios of condos which they can show to you - much more than a typical Thaivisa.com user can know about, that's their job. You can find many agencies on 1Rai.com to deal with; I would advise dealing with the ones that offer you the most professional service.

After have clicked the link above I noticed that there were only 46 units for sale in the whole of Bangkok. Kind of surprised as the banner on top says "Thailands leading independent property portal".

"but looking at different agent's websites doesn't really tell if it's a good property or not."

If you call them, they can tell you.

I have, but it seems many don't know that much. Some of them haven't even seen the properties they are listing on their own website... It's difficult to trust someone trying to sell you something they haven't even seen with their own eyes... wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Topprofile

"but looking at different agent's websites doesn't really tell if it's a good property or not."

I have, but it seems many don't know that much. Some of them haven't even seen the properties they are listing on their own website... It's difficult to trust someone trying to sell you something they haven't even seen with their own eyes... wouldn't you agree?

And if an agent has a property listed are they going to tell you that it is in a less desirable area, that it is overpriced or that people don't like to rent there? I think the response would be more that it is a great location, a steal of a deal and you will have to beat all the prospective renters off with a stick.

And if an agent has a property listed are they going to tell you that it is in a less desirable area, that it is overpriced or that people don't like to rent there? I think the response would be more that it is a great location, a steal of a deal and you will have to beat all the prospective renters off with a stick.

jstumbo,

You are absolutely right. It is YOUR judgment that counts. Your right judgment is based on correct and fair information. In Thailand, you have to sieve through all sorts of information that are good and bad. The most annoying ones are those talking out of their hats and with a lot of adjectives.

As to those estate agents, all you need to do is to give an impression of disbeliefs that could force them to come out with more information that you may have not thought of before. Tell them of your disbeliefs at the end of the day, by then you might get an offer of another "good" one. Just like renting an apartment in Washington or London, an agent will show you the worse one first and with your patience you eventually might get the best in the area.

Sure they would, but what happened with honesty and professionalism? If I get a property recommended on the phone by one of the agents whose website I have seen and then later go and see the property myself and find it in a bad shape and in a bad location, do you think I would buy anything thru that agent?

Anyway that is probably better discussed in another thread.