Wat Sai Mai

DonnyGan

I'm visiting Bangkok in Dec 14 - 18 Dec. during this time, i'm planning to visit Ajahn AOD from Wat Sai Mai.

The problem is, i'm unable to get the map or even the address to Wat Sai Mai.

i need help from you folks from Bangkok.

i have attached some pics for reference.

IMG_0072.jpg

00874-01.jpg

WatSaiMai_LPOd_9.jpg

do anyone know the exact address to Wat Sai Mai? :o

Maybe there is more than one Wat Sai Mai, the tones do not translate well in transliteration and I can't read all of the article.

But, there is a famous Wat Sai Mai right outside of Bangkok in Patum Thanee, which is probably the same one. It is north of Bangkok, near where Don Muang airport is. The aproximate address is on Lum Lukka, near Klong 3. A few maps of Bangkok will have it and many taxi drivers will know it if you tell them Lum Lukka.

If you go, there are a few food vendors on the rickety pier behind the wat. Their fried squid with garlic is fantastic.

Hope that helps.

Maybe there is more than one Wat Sai Mai, the tones do not translate well in transliteration and I can't read all of the article.

But, there is a famous Wat Sai Mai right outside of Bangkok in Patum Thanee, which is probably the same one. It is north of Bangkok, near where Don Muang airport is. The aproximate address is on Lum Lukka, near Klong 3. A few maps of Bangkok will have it and many taxi drivers will know it if you tell them Lum Lukka.

If you go, there are a few food vendors on the rickety pier behind the wat. Their fried squid with garlic is fantastic.

Hope that helps.

From google, this temple is the same temple in your post. I can not find the map in eng.

The cone = The Nation Memorial

Plane = Don meung Airport

01.jpg

map_watsaimai.jpg

seems like we are getting it. :o

i got an email from some fellas of the direction to Wat Sai Mai in Khet Sai Mai. it's about 30km from centre of Bangkok, North East of the old airport.

The direction is to take expressway Rama IX to the Bangkok - Chonburi Motorway 7, exit Lam lukka road, Wat Sai Mai is about 4.5km on the left.

as for the map... oh dear which one is Wat Sai Mai in Map 1? can someone point to me or circle it or something? pls... :D

• 3 weeks later...