What's With All These Flying Burning Embers Today?

Weho

It is just my neighborhood... but the sky is all smokey, and there are TONS of these burning embers flying around, that end up at the bottom of the pool. Is this related to the King's birthday? Do they burn more stuff today? It's wacky... I've never seen it quite like this. What's the delio here?

We're getting smoked as well these days in Chonburi, it's begun.

Ashes everywhere inside and outside the house. Pisses me off, my pregnant wife has to breathe that crap, we had to leave the house for a while. It's actually quite stupid that the whole area's population has to breathe it and clean it when ONE guy decides to burn his fields.

We're getting smoked as well these days in Chonburi, it's begun.

Ashes everywhere inside and outside the house. Pisses me off, my pregnant wife has to breathe that crap, we had to leave the house for a while. It's actually quite stupid that the whole area's population has to breathe it and clean it when ONE guy decides to burn his fields.

Tony, are you the alter ego of Andy Kaufman?

And when you say "in Chonburi", do you mean in the city/town of Chonburi, or are you referring to the entire province? That is, when they burn the fields near you, does the smoke only stay within the town/city limits, or does the smoke go right to the border of neighboring provinces?

It's the season where the farmers are doing the "burn" part of slash'n burn farming!

Pretty much all over Thailand in the beginning of the cool season.

Definitely messes up swimming pools.

Just two days ago in my neighborhood there was a huge fire in a recycling warehouse, started by an out of control, farmer initiated, clean up fire! Lots of plastic burning, lots of billowing smoke, and a lengthy powercut when the high tension electric wires over the recycling place burnt and shorted out!

It's the season where the farmers are doing the "burn" part of slash'n burn farming!

Just two days ago in my neighborhood there was a huge fire in a recycling warehouse, started by an out of control, farmer initiated, clean up fire! Lots of plastic burning, lots of billowing smoke, and a lengthy powercut when the high tension electric wires over the recycling place burnt and shorted out!

Nothing to do with "Slash and Burn Farming" - a technique used mainly by nomadic hill farmers who clear a section of forest - cultivate for two or three years and then move on to a new patch

Simply clearing the stubble using fire - a technique practiced for millenia by farmers all over the world. Clears weeds, clears vermin and helps to fertilize the soil.

A technique that is now frowned upon by "envirmentalists" who have no idea what they are talking about.

We choose to build houses and live close to a "rural setting" then complain cause our washing gets dirty.

With great respect - how would you like it if some straw hatted hick turned up in your office and started complaining about your "business techniques"

It is just my neighborhood... but the sky is all smokey, and there are TONS of these burning embers flying around, that end up at the bottom of the pool. Is this related to the King's birthday? Do they burn more stuff today? It's wacky... I've never seen it quite like this. What's the delio here?

Told you not to move into that place next to the Wat.

Naka.

Mr. Natural Lyrics

Artist(Band):The Bee Gees Review The Song (0)

Burning embers.

I still remember all of those little things.

But I don't feel it so much 'cause I am so out of touch

with my heart and it won't sing.

Rusty rainbows.

That's how the pain goes , turning me inside out .

Well , I come home at night and you are out of my sight.

Yes. I'm dying and there ain't no doubt.

Well, I'm dying and there's no way out.

Well I try try try try try

Mr. Natural (come on baby)

When I walk in the rain you won't know that I'm crying.

A smile on my face and I'm trying.

I'm trying to understand that a love that is lost can never be found again.

And you see me dance , I look like a happy man .

Just when I think I'm getting it over, an old friend I should see.

He said he knew you well , and baby I could tell .

You know he knew you more then me.

I went home laughing and inside I'm crying .

We had a special thing .

You know I loved you so much , but girl I'm so out of touch

with my heart and it won't sing .

You know my heart just won't sing.

Well I try try try try try .

Mr. Natural ( come on baby)

When I walk in the rain you won't know that I'm crying.

A smile on my face and I'm trying.

I'm trying to understand that a love that is lost can never be found again.

And you see me dance , I look like a happy man.

Still I try try try try try .

Mr. Natural ( come on baby)

Well I try try try try try

Mr. Natural (come on baby)

(repeat verse and fade out)

Thanks so much for those lyrics! As I recall, it was a good song too... but I wonder what the lyric about "burning embers" meant...

ah, it brings back memories, long ago, of when I was, well... um... ugh.... .... better stop there...

Nothing to do with "Slash and Burn Farming" - a technique used mainly by nomadic hill farmers who clear a section of forest - cultivate for two or three years and then move on to a new patch

Simply clearing the stubble using fire - a technique practiced for millenia by farmers all over the world. Clears weeds, clears vermin and helps to fertilize the soil.

A technique that is now frowned upon by "envirmentalists" who have no idea what they are talking about.

We choose to build houses and live close to a "rural setting" then complain cause our washing gets dirty.

With great respect - how would you like it if some straw hatted hick turned up in your office and started complaining about your "business techniques"

Believe Monty is using the words 'slash and burn' in a loose term to illustrate the fact that everybody who owns a box of matches likes to start a fire in the dead grass at the side of the road during this time. Nothing to to do with stubble it's overly long dry grass and trees.

Edited by Rimmer

ah, it brings back memories, long ago, of when I was, well... um... ugh.... .... better stop there...

tell Weho, tell! perhaps then i don't feel so alone in my misere :o

Let's see, um... I was in a gay bar in Madrid, and I think I was the youngest person in there, and I felt out of place, because:

A. I'm not gay

B. I'm a woman

C. I'm a lesbian

D. I don't speak Espanish

E. ALL of the above

F. NONE of the above

Then two Castillian men approached me, and asked me if I liked Spanish ham... really, that's all I can say... I think you can tell what happened next... this sidebar has nothing to do with burning embers... admittedly, we're quite off topic here... and quite frankly, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet...